Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine wobble (stupid query probably)

Andy Harvey said:
Oh and Paul, Daimler Dart now that was one fine but seriously ugly motor
Andy, you philistine :angry-jumpinganger: ugly motor? they were georgeous :happy-sunny:
Chas

Ah Paul, but would they let me? I've driven one of Ians for a bit. :shh: but no-one elses. I'd be gentle with it mind, its only mine that I take risks with.

Err Cossack, I didn't quote this "Oh and Paul, Daimler Dart now that was one fine but seriously ugly motor" hey! but its your birthday so all is well and you can get away with anything on your birthday...

Renate

How was I supposed to react? say, "okay, I'll whip out the engine then, no problem, and take out all its bits, its injectors, pistons, cylinders?!" how the h**l am I supposed to do that eh? with no tools, no expertise, no workspace, no garage, and no readdies?
Please, do enlighten me Locrep!

Just a simple thanks for the advice would be sufficent :D

OK, just to clarify, at tickover at around 800rpm when warm the engine wobbles slightly on it's mounts more that one would expect and seems to be indicative of uneven running on one of the cylinders.

Now it could be down to a number of things but more often than not I find the engines run a lot smoother with problems lije this disappearing after having had the injectors serviced and valves checked. It could be something as simple as a dribbly injector or an incorrect valve gap that only shows as an issue at tickover and is less noticeable when driving normally.

Normally I wouldn't worry about it that much, it isn't that bad, however on the basis that Renate is planning a major trip in a couple of years time and with the mileage the truck has done I doubt that the injectors have ever been serviced and it's probably been a while since the valve gaps have been checked so I would be inclined to shedule that both are done prior to her trip.

Okay Locrep
"Just a simple thanks for the advice would be sufficent"
:) Thanks

Does this mean I can still revv it at traffic lights...?
Without fear of breaking something?

Thanks Julian V
You've got my vote,Its a stressful time for me at the moment, as you know, so thanks for mediating...

R.

HauptRenate said:
Does this mean I can still revv it at traffic lights...?
Without fear of breaking something?
Yes :mrgreen: If it breaks being revved at a traffic light then it was about to fail anyway and if you're near a traffic light, it means you're near civilisation!
If you rev the nuts off it to 4000rpm and beyond at the lights, then that's not too smart but a few blips will be ok. If you have the white lettering on the outside of your tyres, then that would fit in well with the overall picture here! :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes I think I have the white lettering on the outside Andrew, and yup a few blips are better than none at all, so into the red bit on the rev counter for a few brief moments I go.
Methinks I'm going to have to train my ear too, as I SO enjoy my only vice! :naughty:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R.

Has your timing belt been changed at the correct schedule, if not keep it out of the red...

Hi Locrep, yes it has, timing belt is always changed at the correct schedule interval.
Renate

Back