Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EU exit road issues

This thread is not really what the forum is for. It makes the reciprients look divided and goes against what the forum is about....

I was going to voice my view.... but it's not really worth it! I don't want to insult anyone and I have my life to lead!

What ever happens with this..... they better do a good job of it as "WE" as residence's have to live here.

One last thing.. we went on a 450 mile drive in my 81 last weekend and I can not understand why why why British people throw all their rubbish out of the windows of their vehicles??? Because it makes the country look like a shit hole????

Happy Brexit!
I notice something similar in countries I travel to where there is graffiti everywhere. In the Italian Alps it’s daubed over rock faces in beautiful scenic countryside, and the other week I was in Lisbon and it’s all over the walls of the beautiful old buildings in the centre. I was talking to a Dutch guy when I was in Austria yesterday and he agreed he’d really noticed it as well, because Holland s lovely and clean and free of this sort of stuff. It’s like people have no pride in where they live or care about their environment. The litter thing isn’t just the brits BTW. There was extraordinary amounts of litter in the alps and you see it all over Europe, if anything many countries are worse. Paris is famous for the quantities of dog shit on the pavements!

Last edited:
I was in walking in Paris and yes there was dog shit. on the streets... also 1 bit of rubbish and it was a fuckin sainsbury packet with a reduced label on it! Believe it or not! I was disgusted to be from here!

I was in walking in Paris and yes there was dog shit. on the streets... also 1 bit of rubbish and it was a fuckin sainsbury packet with a reduced label on it! Believe it or not! I was disgusted to be from here!
I started a thread on an expedition forum ‘do your countrymen embarass you abroad’ after watching some brits abroad nonsense on TV. Happily lots of people from other countries feel the same way about their countrymen and women:)

I do like the way they flood the streets in Paris in the mornings, and there is a legion of street sweepers out and about. Just as well, otherwise as they would disappear completely under a huge turd mountain!:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
This thread is not really what the forum is for. It makes the reciprients look divided and goes against what the forum is about....

I was going to voice my view.... but it's not really worth it! I don't want to insult anyone and I have my life to lead!

What ever happens with this..... they better do a good job of it as "WE" as residence's have to live here.

One last thing.. we went on a 450 mile drive in my 81 last weekend and I can not understand why why why British people throw all their rubbish out of the windows of their vehicles??? Because it makes the country look like a shit hole????

Happy Brexit!
Iwan, I was thinking exactly the same thing driving along the A27 today. What is it with people throwing their rubbish on the roads???? This is what happens when there are not enough wars to cleanse the gene pool of retards... I'm sure I'm going to hell for this..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You seem like a lovely fellow Moggy.

Owen
pyemaster, if nothing else, this has been interesting. I'm pretty sure that we'd all most likely get along around a campfire. I never wanted, nor do I, reject the European population, nor any other people. I strongly reject all those in power. It's how I am. They do not represent my interests, only those of their pocket, their offspring, and their future. They will throw you bone to pacify, but they are not people of my heart.

Totally agree with you Bert, I don't trust any of them! I just agree with the principle of the European project, which the slim majority of this country apparently don't.

But hey, that's democracy. While I'm disappointed my personal freedoms have been damaged by the referendum, I'd rather that then live in an autocracy.

I'm sure we'd all get along around a campfire, and even if we didn't, I'd hope it would at least be amicable and respectful. As I said earlier in the thread, we clearly all agree on some things, even if we're diametrically opposed in others.

I think it's important to try and get along with people in general, life's too short to hold a grudge.

Owen

It's not just along the roadsides iwan but circulating the worlds oceans. Far too late to get it back. There's no efficient pricing system. We ought to put the penalty up until the problem stops. Makes me cry.

Absolutely Frank.. It makes me cry too.

The reason why I started to talk about littering in the UK is that.... If people don't think or care about taking their rubbish home with them. THEN I very much doubt that they took much thought on the EU referendum!

The day after the referendum the most popular search on google was.. "What is the EU!!!!!" Helllloooooo bull and gate comes to mind!

I am not going to reply to this thread again!

I used to like going to France where I could get away from rubbish but they too are littering now and as for Italy !!

And the answer of course is to introduce rules that promote packaging produced within the EU and impose fines on member states who don't conform to the Regime thus reducing funds to local authorities who will then pass the increased cost onto constituents who see the absurdness of this process but are powerless to do anything about it as we all know decisions made behind closed doors are not subject to public opposition and nor are they ever revoked .

As for the off topic debate i like it (i'm sure nobody guessed :lol:) whether we agree or disagree it promotes the more personal experience , we get to know each other as well as out trucks so there's no real strangers on first meetings if they ever take place and where's the harm in that ? and i'm sure there's many like me who have nobody to discuss this kind of thing with , we are all independent , reasonably successful , strong willed and we know our own mind hence we drive Landcruisers , i'm off the the pub now where if such a convo were to spark up most will just nod and agree same as they did when the wife told them they can buy a people carrier instead of a 4x4 .

Back