Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Eu map for pc

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
Does anyone know of a good map of eu that works on the pc and will work with a ext GPS unit, plus would be helpful if i can upload GPX files to the map software as well

Have got a copy of Autoroute 2013 but its well out of date already

Try garmins mapsource or basecamp software and free OSM maps from here

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

or just use Google Earth, it can load gpx files and save them

Last edited:
or just use Google Earth, it can load gpx files and save them

don't u need a internet connect to make the above work

I will be using it in the car so no internet

ok OpenStreetMap looks good (i hope)

but how do i get the maps to open on the laptop

Last edited:
I use this program on my laptop with external usb satellite receiver as a backup to my Garmin, it has been very useful on the occasions I have used it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
that looks like a good option, haven't come across that one before

I've got Navigator on my Galaxy tablet, just updating maps now.

Navigator works quite well, it also has a android app version for smart phone so not just windows based.

Then download the self extracting installer from the osm link, run it and the maps are on your pc to use

ok where is the link can't seem to see it

ok you need to either select a predefined country from the drops downs and then click on the link above the map, this takes to to another page with a series of downloads, select this one osm_generic_windows.exe and download it once finished double click on the file to run it. It'll then install into the garmin software.

You can also select map tiles on the map and then send you email to get custom mapsets, once the map is built you'll get and email with a link to a page with the downloads like above

Look at MAPS.ME app for Android, not sure about IPhone -works offline just preload chosen map before you depart. FREE!

Back