Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

existing Bulkhead penertrations.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Folks,

I'm having issues with my long distance relationship with my 80, I've bought two amplifiers to power 8 speakers and a sub foolishly assuming i could mount them under the back seats.

Ive now received a little video clip of the back seats lifted and it looks like there isn't any room under there(at least not without cooking the amps) so im going to mount in the rear 1/4 panel(s)

What i'd like to know is are there any unused penetrations through the bulkead ? where are they ? and if there isnt ...Where do most people feed wires through to get into the dash.

I'm going to be running two runs of 8 AWG cable.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Drivers side has a large grommet with what could be described as teats which can be cut off and feed wires through. It's under the bonnet hinge and already has quite a large loom going through but there are IIRC two spares. Good access to the RHS battery from there.

Why not run under the car then come up through the grommets in the rear quarter panels where your going to mount the amps.

I managed to get 3 additional cables through the driver's side grommet and they where large HD power cables at that so there is room. Just use some lubrication like silicone spray etc when pulling the cable through to avoid friction burns.

Thankyou Guys

I think ill end up using a combo of all three now i know they exist.

Still have fridge/compressor/solar to decide on so your help is invaluable.

Bulkhead as per above, right hand rear quarter has loads of space, mine has 25 plus litres of water in there! Left side not so much but doable if you take out the plastic tray/section parts.

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bulkhead as per above, right hand rear quarter has loads of space, mine has 25 plus litres of water in there! Left side not so much but doable if you take out the plastic tray/section parts.

regards

Dave

Cheers Dave that sounds hopeful as i made the mistake of buying 2 Kenwood amps that are 320mm x 90mm x 230mm.

I'm sure i can wedge one of them in there at least

If you are having trouble finding room there is quite a lot of room under the passenger (LHS) front seat I've got a 400w sub woofer under there.

Back