Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Few here gents

I'm just up the road from you Andy, but never seen you about either.

Have just rung the ebay one and it is on a farm near Selmeston, going to look at it 10am tomorrow for Fett.

Andy,

Cant do 10am, if it was after 12 I could have picked you up & come along too

Andy

Andy said:
Andy,

Cant do 10am, if it was after 12 I could have picked you up & come along too

Andy
I can re arrange it if you like, the guy is working on site so it should be ok.

Fett, I know that you know this stuff, but one without LPG is going to be a better purchase price than one with. You can then get the conversion done, properly, yourself. But, and I have made this point before, if you take the price of a conversion (let's say £1200) or the saving perhaps of buying one without LPG then with simple maths, that cash represents 195 gallons of spirit and at, say, 17 mpg, just over 33,000 miles. With petrol at £136 and oil at £139 (where we are) and roughly very similar MPG as agreed in recent threads, running a petrol isn't as scary as you might think compared to a diesel. Not when you work it out per mile. My point is that buying a quality petrol model is a smart thing to do at the second. Get it cheap, low miles, looked after and run it straight on petrol. If you fit, or buy fitted lpg that extra money buys you not only a bucket of fuel, but also when you consider that against the potential that you are looking to save by running on gas (which is getting more expensive and doesn't return as many mpg's) then it makes you think. OK if you find one rock bottom with an LPG system fitted last week and set up perfectly with a cert and guarantees then go for it.

The thing is that on here you get advice whether you want it or not :dance: So you have to steer your way through it. I'm just giving you some thoughts. Let's say that this one went for £2500, and it was me who bought it - I would NOT be fitting LPG to it. But I only do around 5k miles per year. The payback is going to be a million years.

No I haven't been drinking. Yet.

Best of luck mate. We'll get you into one eventually.

Chris

Andy,
I could pick you up 12.30 if thats any good, mind you, I dont know much about petrols, I'm more of a diesel man!

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
195 gallons of spirit and at, say, 17 mpg, just over 33,000 miles. Chris

Chris, I hate to do this, but 195 gallons at 17mpg is not 33,000. I got it to 3315 miles. Doing 33,000 miles on 195 gallons would give about 169 mpg.

Paul

It's the "17 miles to the gallon" that sticks in my throat.

Graham

Andy said:
Andy,
I could pick you up 12.30 if thats any good, mind you, I dont know much about petrols, I'm more of a diesel man!

Andy
That's OK with me, will have to check it with the guy though, he seemed cool about the time so should be fine, if you could pm me a mobile number I will let you know.

lol its busy here tonight :p

take it from somone who runs 3 v8's all on petrol I need LPG on this one!

a decent install is £1500 and £2000 locally (plus i have to do something with the spare ie fork out for a carrier) so if this one goes up in price its out of my budget but hey I might get lucky.

if not i will wait untill my new house is all fixed up and there is more cash and go and buy a 6k peach :D

thanks for all the help guys

Sorry Paul, decimal in the wrong place somehow. :roll: I'll put my new glasses on next time :ugeek:

C

Chris said:
Sorry Paul, decimal in the wrong place somehow. :roll: I'll put my new glasses on next time :ugeek:

C

I through that was it, :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

As for 17mpg, that is fine if your not doing many miles. I use to have Range Rover that 8mpg!! Also a V12 jag when I was 18, that did about 7 with you foot down.

Paul

Fact remains the IF you can get similar mpg out of a petrol to a diesel, then petrol is cheaper at the pump. Now, since they started adding biofuel to derv, all diesel mpg has taken a massive hit. 24 out of an auto 80 was once possibly attainable. But now, even in standard trim it's barely credible. I have a modern D4D Verso and previously a same engined Avensis and I have seen mpg fall from high 40's to 34 mpg. That is RUBBISH. I asked Car Ops and they said that all of our fleet's MPG had plummeted since the addition began. But, in terms of petrol, they had not seen a drop. So, as I said, a petrol 80 is just as bad as it's always been, but the gap between derv and petrol has closed. Less mpg on cheaper fuel is the same as slightly better consumption with more expensive fuel. If you recall I printed this out in a sheet and cost per mile is no different.

Added to all of this having now driven a petrol one, I have to say they are glorious.

Chris

Well, just got in after going & looking at the white one on ebay with AndyW.

From what I could see, it would be a good buy.
Diflocks all working, aircon working, new tyres, not dripping oil from the diffs box etc etc
Body work generally seems pretty rust free apart from a small bit around the rear tailgate window, a few minor scrapes on the bumpers & osr wheelarch has been refitted

Engine very smooth & good oil pressure (according to the guage)
Seemed to drive well

looked at the log book & 1 owner from new, and a toyota service history up to about 3k miles ago

alloy wheels a bit corroded
interior clean (grey leather) with a few marks on the seats

Generally seems very good & if I were looking for a petrol, I would buy it!
AndyW has taken some pics, await his verdict!!
Andy

Does he have the third row of seats for it?

Chris

yes the 3rd row of seats are in it, why do you want some, as I have some spare!!

Andy

No, it's just that they weren't in the photos. They are a useful source of leather for repairing the drivers seat. I have two spare sets myself already.

C

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

Andy said:
Well, just got in after going & looking at the white one on ebay with AndyW.

From what I could see, it would be a good buy.
Diflocks all working, aircon working, new tyres, not dripping oil from the diffs box etc etc
Body work generally seems pretty rust free apart from a small bit around the rear tailgate window, a few minor scrapes on the bumpers & osr wheelarch has been refitted

Engine very smooth & good oil pressure (according to the guage)
Seemed to drive well

looked at the log book & 1 owner from new, and a toyota service history up to about 3k miles ago

alloy wheels a bit corroded
interior clean (grey leather) with a few marks on the seats

Generally seems very good & if I were looking for a petrol, I would buy it!
AndyW has taken some pics, await his verdict!!
Andy

Agree with what Andy has said, my first time driving a petrol but it seemed smooth and powerful, brakes seemed good but pedal a bit spongy, did see a bill for £300+ for work on brakes, all electrics worked, didn't check heated seats, but for the age I would say it's a good buy, all depends on the finishing price.

Thanks guys , your very kind to do that for me.

It looks good in the pictures, it would be first one I have seen with working heated seats lol.

Glad to know all is well with it , I was looking at a trooper big horn today which has 70k on it and is only £1700

I dont for one minit think that they are as good but for what I need it for , ie a run about and some green laning it maybe a good stop gap hhmmm

I will keep my eyes on this one and see if it goes up in price, but judging by the price tag in the back and then the £1500-£2000 for the lpg install it may go beyond my current budget.

Not to worry though, as I am still set on one even if I have to wait untill my budget doubles in a year or so and I can get a peach :D

Thanks again, you have been very kind!

Back