Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Few here gents

Fett,

I think that at even 3.5k its a good buy , especially when you take into account all the Toyota history, 1 owner etc etc

I would buy it, but cant really justify having it sat on my drive doing nothing & she who must be obeyed said its too big for her work runabout!

Andy

One option might be to buy one like this and then get the extras you want as time goes on.

the wife has now figured out a trooper is a third the price of a landcruiser with half the milage on it :o

Trooper? Be really careful and do MAJOR homework before buying. Just look at the Yellow Diamond Trooper forum, like you would here and read through the section called 'starting problems' for example. Next door bought one instead of a Colorado. Looked really really nice I have to admit. Anyway, the dealer did give them a full refund in the end. Now they have a D4D 95. You don't want to hear the story. Really. Especially after all the work they had done on the engine under the warranty. Well they got as far as the pub before it stopped. And that's nearly 100 yards away.

Well built, solid, comfortable motors the Suzi Trooper, but there are very definitely models / generations to avoid like the plague. Don't say I didn't tell you. If you get a good one, I would still describe them as agricultural. They are not a very sophisticated motor. Good for towing I understand. But I'd buy a hatchback before buying one of those if I didn't know what I was doing.

Chris

Avoide the 3.0td at all costs. Also the chassis at the rear rots like a LR one, but you not get repair pannels!!

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks gusy , yes I heard all about the 3.0 lol , well avoided!

its the 3.1 I have been looking at and its supposed to be uber reliable, I was crawling around under there yesterday and becuase its an import in 06 its very clean just a little surface rust ere and there but still mostly black paint not even undersealed lol.

I will keep you posted guys!

well guys, "WE" have decided to go for the trooper atm, dont think for one min that this is the end of my L/C hunt. It may be postponed for a few months untill the new house is sorted but then it will be back on with more cash piling up each month for a better and better example. :D

I really want to thank all on here, you have been so much help looking at cars and giving great advice, and so friendly I couldnt have asked for a better bunch of blokes.

I will keep popping in to take abuse for owning a trooper and to keep my eye out for good L/C deals. :p

Fett

Just in closing..... See that white petrol one is £2705 with 1h30 to go till auction to go......

yes I saw that if I had bid it may have been more, but if I added £1500 min for lpg it would be £4300 which was £600 over budget before any other work.

not saying it was a bad buy though!

Well done ! , I think you've won a nice motor there, and at a good price.

andyw said:
Well done ! , I think you've won a nice motor there, and at a good price.

Thanks Andy :thumbup:

I shall LPG convert it myself, and prep it for my father to follow me through the Sahara next year.

dyladams said:
Congrats mate! Happy motoring!

It's nice to see that a form member managed to get what looks like a good buy. If you are looking for the LPG conversion, u might think about getting one of these in order to reposition the spare wheel. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/landcruiser-a ... 0891316186

Good find that man! And seeing that I am just about to send some parts for the other cruiser off for powder coating, that would add to the stack nicely :thumbup:

Well done. Bargain, I reckon. Lot of motor for the money. Doubtless will need a few bits here and there, but where you going to get a minter that needs no work nowadays?

Chris

jester said:
I shall LPG convert it myself, and prep it for my father to follow me through the Sahara next year.

Can you get LPG in the Sahara? You might need the space the LPG tank takes to fit a long range fuel tank - depending on your planned route.

Ian

Ian Rubie said:
jester said:

Can you get LPG in the Sahara? You might need the space the LPG tank takes to fit a long range fuel tank - depending on your planned route.

Ian

Yep, there are a few places, depending on route. He won't be deviating too far so no real need for a long range tank just yet. I'm making one for the other cruiser to fit where the spare wheel is usually located. This is because the original tank will not fit in it's original location over the prop. due to the nature of the 40 fibreglass body. If I were to do the same with this one, I would have the LPG tank where the old tank was.

Well done Jester, you can buy a lot of fuel with the difference between a petrol and diesel LC. To drive long term the petrol version is a far more pleasant place to be, however I found mine more expensive on insurance, keep us posted in that respect if you will.

good luck
Andy

Back