Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally an 80 owner

Why not. The bloody things are addictive. Only thing better than 2 landcruiser is 3 landcruiser.

I thought that once Gav, about 20 years ago, and look what a conundrum I'm in now.

Although I had a couple of Chevy's interspersed, ( with impressive 6.5 turbo diesels) I've been all Cruiser since 97. I did 100K in my first one and it was still mint when I sold it 16 years later. With all the others I reckon I've done about 300K altogether in Cruisers and enjoyed every mile.
If I have a smallish local delivery or fetch a truck part I rarely take Sprinter van so like you I get a grin factor with the job.

Last edited:
2 years ago we got our HJ45, and it's now about 3 months with the FZJ80 - slowly working the gremlins through with our one, and working out exactly what everything does!

That's the thing with them . Every time I drive any of my trucks even though the newest one is 20 yr old I feel like a king. Grin is ear to ear and I volunteer to do road trips just because I love driving them. Almost feel sorry for the guys in there shiny range rovers and mercs. As if they are missing out on something. Must just be a cruiser thing I guess. I've had almost every 4x4 going and nothing else does it.
I was driving mine up the A3 last week..The M3 was shut .. So i was just Pootling along in Traffic and for some reason for miles i was surrounded by New Range Rovers.. There was always some yummy mummy sat in the Passenger seat Looking at me and the Truck With utter Disgust.. But i just smiled Knowing that i was sat in a better place than all those RR.. I know im Ugly but, C'mon ...

Back