Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ45 History / Build Date?

thelostscott

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out more information regarding my 1976 FJ45RP-KW Pickup so I can source parts with better accuracy and was after some help.

It seems as though during 1976 there was a design change from July to August (07/1976-08/1976) as on ToyoDIY there are different part numbers and varying price ranges depending on the build month.

Is there any way I can identify the build month of my truck from the VIN Plate details?

(Frame No. FJ45-99154)

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3544.JPG

I've also found another interesting stamp, but after a bit of research it just seems to be a verification that it meets seat belt anchor point regulations...

IMG_3543.JPG

Got a fair bit of work to do on this old girl and will be posting up some further pics as I progress but for now here is how she looks (sorry about the glare :doh:)

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

Cheers,

Scott

Scott
I can't help you with the change date in the specification but we may be able to help each other with the parts as yours looks like a green version of mine (see my post last week)
I will need wings, side steps, roof, pick up body and bib just to start..
Is yours a uk vehicle?

Hi good to see the old fj45 pick up I have one to good like with it keep the pics coming thanks Tony.:thumbup:

Scott
I wasn't suggesting that, only that we could help each other source parts??
I am talking to 4x4 megastore in Portugal at the moments so I will keep you posted on availability and costs.

Wheel colour

Scott
I wasn't suggesting that, only that we could help each other source parts??
I am talking to 4x4 megastore in Portugal at the moments so I will keep you posted on availability and costs.
Scott
How are you getting on with the truck?
What colour do you think the original wheel and Humber colour was as your looks very original?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Scott, This might seem dumb but it's how I found a lot of info about my 40 - One the pretext of wanting to price and availability of parts and having identified a part that could be pre or post the update - take your VIN number to your local Toyota dealer and ask. Even though they probably can't get the parts anymore, they all hold the fishes and on them will be the frame number where the change took place. If the dealer is not interested then try another one. If that fails phone Toyota in Stoke on Trent - Andrew was very helpful and you could just ask him if he could look up when the change took place. According to your VIN the original colour was rustic green, RHD, 4spd, built for Europe Cheers

Hi there

yours is the later 1976, the earlier ones had overhead wipers ,I can always help with parts but Dave is right its cheaper to try and trade bits with other guys doing restoration. see the HJ45 1976 I sold below just recently,,it has the overhead wipers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 519
Scott
How are your seat belts attached at the top point as I cant remember?

Back