Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fog / day running lights

No, but we want pics when you have installed them, with lights on. :icon-cool:
Looks interresting.

That's what I'm looking for :thumbup:
They've sold 5 sets of them I was just wondering if anyone from the forum has bought any of them?

cheers
Chris

Yes i have some that arr very similar to the ones posted. All i can say is that they look spot on. I will take a picture tomorrow. I do have one recommendation. Water gets inside them by the light bulb. This happened to my first set. The solution is to install the light bulbs 9004(hb4) and then use black high temp silicon to seal it all off, the silicon comes right off if you need to change the bulb, but remember to repeat the silicon process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No splash guard on the right.

I've got a 2007 HDJ 100 and replaced the driver's side, i.e. right, front fog light in July 2013, with a Depo unit from Milner Off Road.

I noticed recently that it had water in it, while the OEM light on the left, although dull by comparison, was moisture-free.
I bought two new Depo units from Vilnius, Lithuania, via eBay (Sparepartsaler) and was very happy with the price and service.

I replaced both fog lights last weekend and upgraded the bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited in the fogs and headlamps. It was impossible to remove the old bulb in the driver's side unit because it was jammed tight with silt. The other side was mud-free and easy to replace.

I'm going to vent the fog lamps up to the engine bay, using 8mm internal diameter silicone tubing. The fog lamps on my G-wagen are vented like this. I'm also going to use black high temperature silicone sealant as suggested above. At the moment the vulnerable area is covered in duct tape.

Question: there is a splash guard protecting the fog lamp on the left side, but on my vehicle there is nothing on the right. Am I missing a splash guard on the right, or is this the norm?

Thanks,

Rick.

I haven't seen any splash guard on the RHS fog. The one on the left is actually for the washer pumps iirc. So the left fog is protected by both the washer liquid tank, and the pump splash guard, and the right one by nothing at all. I suppose it is the splash from the wheel that hits the back of the bulb, so any kind of flap or sheet that would prevent direct spray onto the bulb/lamp would solve the problem.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
just bought some of those, they have arrived, but not fitted yet, will post pics, out of the box they look really decent quality.

Some one else bought some back in December and we are still waiting for his pics....:cry:

here you go (not fitted them yet) they look great, but impossible to get a photo that isn't just a white blur if it go round the front.
my original two were cracked, black on reflectors and half full of water :)
2015-02-13 08.57.54.jpg

What kind of bulbs fit in these? There is no mention of it in the ad.
There is 6 leds built in with about 1m of cable...I was going to join this onto the sidelight.
The fog light bulb is the same as standard.

Pictures would be good once they are fitted....

These look great, if they did a set for a 90 I'd be buying....

Do they work even if the 100 doesn't have day running lights (DRL)?

Back