Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fold-down rear door table

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Well... I fitted new drawer handles to my boot sotrage drawers at weekend. these handles are sprungloaded fold back down, so dont stick out like the old handles did.
this meant i could make a rear door table.
I made if from hinges, aluminium treadlplate and strap I already had lying around
i can still open fridge slide fully and it stops a couple inches before edge of table
should be a usefull addition to the "kitchen"

rivuts usefull for attaching the fittings

Attachments

• table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 3,029
  • table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 5,603
Last edited:
Nice work. When I made mine I had no idea how useful it would become. On this trip it has made lunch on the beach, changed quite a few nappies, sorted out my fishing tackle box, made early start coffees, worked as a tool bench...

thanks
I had looked at your build post in past
i didnt go for a full width table - mainly becuase the sheet of metal i had was the size it was! (I cut it for something else last year, but never used it) so for this project all i needed to do was cut the corner off to use as a table
also i wanted to be able to open drawers and fridge when the table was already folded down - so a 2/3rd table seems to work well for that

Lookin' good. :icon-cool:

Couple of Qs - are the fixings just into the door card/panel or do they screw into something behind? .....and what is that green square stuck on the door under the window on the RHS ?

Looks good Andy. The one I had made for my 90 was full length and made of ply with glued on laminate. It worked, but looked a bit rough. Also, being full length meant that it restricted opening the rhs drawer once deployed and had the cooker on it.

The drawers also look good covered in ali.

Lookin' good. :icon-cool:

Couple of Qs - are the fixings just into the door card/panel or do they screw into something behind? .....and what is that green square stuck on the door under the window on the RHS ?

cheers

1) the fixings are into the metal door skin. Mixture of rivnuts for strap fixings and lower hinges, pop-rivets used to fix the actual table to the hinges. The door card would be far too weak. You have to be carefull not to drill into wires, door latch fittings and the rear washer bottle reservoir.:?

2) the green square is a flip-up mirror that "herself" stuck there..... :lol:a

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers - I thought that it would screw into the door skin, I haven't taken off my rear door card, so wasn't sure what it looked like behind there....... a mirror! I thought it was some fancy gadget! ;-)

Back