Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Forte Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment

Bert

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello folks.
Sometimes paranoia is a good thing. Has anyone else used in their Toyota Prado (1997 Japanese import) diesel automatic "Forte Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment"?

i.e. is it ok to use?

Cheers, Simon

I've been putting wynns diesel gold formula (which is the same thing) into mine for a few years .

Personally I don't believe these potions do much other than lube the pump maybe but you can do that much cheaper with a shot of low ash 2 stroke oil. I've been doing this for years. JMO

shot of low ash 2 stroke oil
Now that's interesting. Just googled it, praise be for Google, and it is apparently quite beneficial. I'm just as sceptical about all snake oils, but we all get suckered once, and I may give it a try. Cheers.

These engines are pretty robust that I don't think they'll even notice a difference throwing in any additional things.

I had looked at the two stroke before and agreed against it due to the science behind it, but each to there own. Just do your research.

No doubts in me about the benefits of wynns , my cruiser has always ran too well to notice any difference but my old and battered transit tipper responded very well to a bottle .

Mind you the transit was very probably run on homemade biodiesel for a while before i bought it :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My LR 300tdi would run noticeably smoother with a 'shot' of two stroke thrown in at fill ups.

The only problem was I used Stihl two stroke oil for my machinery which turned the fuel red. So I was ever paranoid I'd be pulled then done for using red diesel. I doubt they'd believe my story..

Haven't tried 2 stroke in the d4d, not sure it'd like it, don't really think it needs it.

J

Personally I don't believe these potions do much other than lube the pump maybe but you can do that much cheaper with a shot of low ash 2 stroke oil. I've been doing this for years. JMO
Me too TP, when I first used it the first 500ml instantly made the engine feel smoother and quieter, maybe it feels smoother because it is quieter. Gets used on every fill up now.

Bought a triple pack of 500ml Wynns of eBay recently. Decided to use one on every service internal to help the new injectors stay clean and preform well. Time will tell but didn't use these before the engine was rebuilt. My interest is more to keep a decregation to parts in anyway. Time will tell.

Hi TP. What sort of ratio does one add it to the tank?

Hi TP. What sort of ratio does one add it to the tank?
When I just had the standard tank of 95l I put in 500ml per tankful, I now have a sub tank of 60l as well but I still put in just 500ml

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that a min of 300:1 diesel/TS oil is required to be of any benefit. When I brim the tank from the low fuel light coming on permanently I can squeeze in around 75L so I add around 250-300ml TS oil. I don't think it's that critical but obviously going way overboard will probably make the exhaust smokey and possibly even cause diesel knock. JMO

Just got some of this in the Roughtrax service kit. How do I prime the filter with it? Or should I just chuck it in the tank?

Just chuck it in the tank mate, all the movement will slosh it around and mix it up.

Always used Activ8 in engine/transfer box and axles in all my 4x4. Down to personal preference really, but there will always be arguments for and against these products.

When I used it in my 80 I put 500ml in every tankful ran absolutely fine, smoother and quieter.

Now really confused and stupid with it
You put in an oil catch can and do an EGR delete which is costing you quids time scraped knuckles and a mouth like your bathrooms best vital china and then Then THEN you put some bloody oil in the FLUFFY putting it mildly fuel tank
So What Have I Ever Done To Deserve The Micksed Up Information You Bloody Lot Spout From Yer Bleeding Keyboards
i iiii Bloody give up just stand me against a wall and shoot me no blindfold needed I know who you are

I think there's some confusion between oil additive & diesel additive going on here . . . :think:.

Bob.

Back