Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Found this Gem Today

Well done Rollence, it goes to show that in the hunt for a top spec 80 patience and persistance pays off in the end:clap:

Andy

Pics not working Lazz, I'm getting

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.
surprised-023.gif

Can't see any pics :-(

Do love the petrol, I've found if run on super unleaded the mpg is a little better but runs really sweet.
Sounds like you've found a nice one.

Ah! got 'em now, looks luverly Lazz.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one Lazz, so when we going to play in some mud? :lol:

Looks beautiful. :clap:

What plans do you have for it? :think:

It does look a beauty, and the way you've described it, I suppose the sunroof does close OK! :lol:

Well done !

PS worth the wait :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
now that looks like a nice clean blue 80 series

Congrats, looks like a really nice 80. So how did you find this gem?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Very nice. Very very nice.

Goes to show that perseverance pays off in the end - may I ask if it was advertised in the usual media or was it a word of mouth sale?

Found it through a car broker who has found a few cars for me over the years. I'd asked him to keep his eyes open. The original owners were going to trade it in for an Evoque at a main dealer!

It is in very good condition having been dry stored all its life and never used for towing.

They are definitely still out there of sure.

Nice one Lazz, so when we going to play in some mud? :lol:

Hmmm... not sure this one will go off road. Not quite in Derf's league.

Looks beautiful. :clap:

What plans do you have for it? :think:

Dunno yet , but will probably keep this one as factory std as is.

now that looks like a nice clean blue 80 series

Funnily enough, it is my least favourite colour for an 80. Looks great wen clean but horrid when even a little dirty.

Last edited:
Any reason for a petrol?

Have diesels already, so wanted a different option. Petrol is so much more powerful, smooth and refined to drive. Also most petrols are in considerably better condition, with lower mileage and fewer owners. Petrol is cheaper at the pump. If you do the maths, and provided its not your DD, then petrol is a much better buy than a diesel.

It would be a shame IMHO to change such a nice one from standard. Plenty other more well used ones out there for that.

Have diesels already, so wanted a different option. Petrol is so much more powerful, smooth and refined to drive. Also most petrols are in considerably better condition, with lower mileage and fewer owners. Petrol is cheaper at the pump. If you do the maths, and provided its not your DD, then petrol is a much better buy than a diesel.

Apart from the having diesels similar to why I went petrol. I use the higher octane at the pump so not much cheaper lol.
Only got 74k now but took a lot of time to get it looking nice again. It was very well maintained but a bit unloved so lots of elbow grease.

Back