Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Freeways Lattitude Roof Rack

24Seven

Any reason why I should not buy this roof rack, I really cannot see me ever buying a roof tent and even if I did I could mod it. Your thoughts please?

Very nice gallery steel, sturdy, ideal raid in 220 x 125 cm.
supplied with 8 lugs.

Its strength is related to mechanical 4-bar welded on the bottom frame.

This gallery is mounted on all vehicles equipped with gutters or fixing setup exact, what is the width of your véhiucle.

Its executive will allow you to tie your cargo easily.

Before it is cut and its deflector a maximum decrease its noise on the road.

Tip: 4 holes drilled at the front to set long-range and provided a bracket for attaching VHF, CB, or other ...

GALERIE_ACIER_GR_4afb57636a64e.jpg

Picture of the roof tent model, just to see type of construction

tentetoit002.jpg

Video here again the root tent version but you get the idea http://dai.ly/dr40aW

Paul said:
Any prices?

Sorry, should have said...

349 Euro + between 80 and 100 Euro depending on post code

Around £380 - £400 Inc Del to the UK.

Can't think of a reason off the top of my head... There was a chap bought the rear bumper for the 80 a way back & he seemed happy with the quality...

It looks very similar to the ARB rack.

I was toying with buying the TJM15 [s:3qrou3pz]rip off[/s:3qrou3pz] copy from them...

I don't know if it will be a bit heavy for your tastes Matt, do they give a weight for it?

EDIT: Only just watched the video, looks like Chris's Terrain tent? She made it look easy to put up and down.

There certainly seems to be more metal in it than on the ARB rack...

Jon Wildsmith said:
looks like Chris's Terrain tent? She made it look easy to put up and down
You should see Chris handle the tent Jon - he's a whizz with it :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OT - those aalco top hat profiles for my rack turned up today Gav :D

Jon Wildsmith said:
I don't know if it will be a bit heavy for your tastes Matt, do they give a weight for it?

Yes I am a little careful about weight and carrying to much stuff :mrgreen:

It's 40 Kg, I only intend to carry a spare wheel, the Oztent and a small roof box with light weight stuff within. In will be more weight than I would like, but properly less than a rack, roof tent and spare wheel that many people carry up there :think:

Taking Christopher on a four week trip is creating space issues if I we sleep inside. :think:

I don't think it will make the truck feel too unstable but knowing that you like to keep things simple wouldn't some roof bars and if you want to be posh an Oztent basket be better? :) I say that having just taken delivery of some aluminium profiles to make a deck on my 'rack' when I don't really need a rack never mind decking it out :lol: 4 Rhino bars and some aalco TH16 top hat profiles for a deck would probably weigh 15kg max and if you added a guard rail add another 5kg? Not sure it would work out cheaper because the Rhino bars are quite expensive but you could have a word with Greg being as you're down south and he's the dealer down there I think he said.

I did this, there is going to be some mods for lights etc and the spare wheel will sit in a simple frame but i did this so i can take it all off by myself.
The oztent is inside the ski box.

GetAttachment1.jpg

Paul said:
I did this, there is going to be some mods for lights etc and the spare wheel will sit in a simple frame but i did this so i can take it all off by myself.
The oztent is inside the ski box.

Thanks for that Paul, food for thought :think:

Do you have a side view of the ski box fitted and also which model its it please ?

Here you go.
The miltary boxes i have on there too are now blue, and i use them for chairs, tables etc but there is so much room is the ski box they could go in with the tent. Also, i could get away with just two bars for the box but thought about extra lights and will need four if putting a spare wheel up there.

GetAttachment2.jpg

Gav Peter said:
Did you buy one of these racks in the end Matt?

Think I'm going to get one, although Freeways seem to have stopped speaking to me now :cry:

First email was answered in 48hours (In English btw) then when I asked for a firm price to my address and how I would pay I have not had a reply for over a week, I did send another email this Sunday so hopefully I may hear something soon.

I can only speak 18 words in French, ten of them are numbers and one of them is baguette or I would give them a call :mrgreen:

'La sange et dans l'arbre'

Send them that to see what they say ;-)

I have had a few emails with them & yes, they range from instant to weekly responses...

Gav Peter said:
'La sange est dans l'arbre'

Send them that to see what they say ;-)

I have had a few emails with them & yes, they range from instant to weekly responses...

For the Eddie Izzard fans, no doubt...

"Oui, Oui, et la souris est pre de le table!"

Had a reply now

I wrote
Could you please tell me the length between the top rails? see attached image?

galerieaciergr4afb57636.jpg

"Hello
Sorry for the delay of my reply but i was in safari in Tunisia, and i just come back today

Regarding the length : the maximum is : 150 cm including the foot brackets

Regarding the price for shipment : 143 euros

You can pay with paypal or by swift or by credit card by phone"

This rack is 2.2m long, can it really be only 1.5m between the top rails??? I think he means the width :think: :think:

Would be a pretty wide rack if he means the width, unless the legs are adjustable width?

Back