Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fridge question.

If you run one with an inverter, it would be the same as mains in effect, it could freeze down to -15? It is a compressor (240v) and thermo (12v) fridge. So maybe this and the price of an inverter would be the same as a proper job?
Steve

If you run one with an inverter, it would be the same as mains in effect, it could freeze down to -15? It is a compressor (240v) and thermo (12v) fridge. So maybe this and the price of an inverter would be the same as a proper job?
Steve

only if you have lots of space and big batteries,

240v equipment is huge in comparison and very power hungry. A national luna 50l weekender fridge freezer will run five days in the uk on a 120ahr battery without problem or three days in a hot climate. Without moving the vehicle.

Inverters will suck a 12v dry much quicker as 240v stuff is significantly less energy efficient.

That said, if it is only occasional use and you have space, it is an option.

I am going to get a tabletop for the campsite and run off mains, and a cool box for daytime use.

I reckon the campsite will freeze down drinking water bottles that we can use in the cool box.

I don't have the denari for a good 12v fridge, and it wouldn't get used enough, whereas I can keep my tabletop in the new garage, with beers, an armchair and an old tv.....

Tent, chair and bed are priority first though.

I can't wait to go, would be on my way now if I could!

Pete

I know you dont intend to use the tabletop on in car.
But if you did i wonder if they would be robust enough for rough trails, being jolted around and working at angles.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Get a coulple of these, and make your own box. 100 deg. temp difference.
sku_189618_3.jpg
http://dx.com/p/c1203-4p1540-4-level-semi-conductor-cooler-cooling-plate-189618

Thats 100degrees above ... how about below?

100 degrees above would actually make for a great slow cook oven or a pie warmer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wouldn't use it in the truck off road, purely intended for the base camp.

Pete

Back