Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

From London to the Lakes

Navraj Singh

Garage
Hey Guys,

I am going up to the lakes tomorrow and would prefer not to take the motorway, watching cars can get quite boring.

Any ideas as to a good route to take.....something more intersting...

Cheers
Nav

Well youll probably have to do motorway at least part of the way....

The A1 north and then drive across through the yorkshire dales is a nice run (been a long time since i did it that way..~)

Hmm, it depends if you want to take all day, enjoying getting there OR get there pronto and enjoy BEING there doesn't it. Up the A1 is still a grind but much better now that most of the roundabouts have gone. Come off at Scotch and enjoy going over the A66 to Penrith. Or bat up the M40 and up onto the M6 and look at all the lovely hills on each side. With fuel being the price it it, I look for the cheapest route nowadays. That is a combo of shortest distance and most cruisable roads

You could get a ferry to France of course, drive to Norway ......... OK maybe not. :thumbdown:

Chris

Still got a Kenyan passport, I need to get a visa even to P**s :doh:

So France and Norway are out :lol:

I am going up for a couple of nites....and I tend to enjoy the journey as much as being there....

Yorkshire Dales are brilliant.

Set yout satnav for Halifax and then weave through to Skipton and then Kendal!

There is a 4x4 Off Road Center with Greenlaning trips situated in Windermere. Just opposite the big white Windermere Hotel as you come into Windermere from Kendal. They have fantastic drives and offroad excursions!

Enjoy :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
YOu can also drive the tracks without their lead, there are some NICE lanes up there of varying degrees of concentration and effort :thumbup:

Back