Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front differential

Don't worry. We're just glad to have to back on the road. Pics, that's a commonly asked question. There is a sticky I think, but basically you have to get a free account with something like Photobucket. Then you make an album on there and upload your pics to it. Then you copy a link from underneath the pic in your album and then paste it into your thread on here. Then by magic, when you post the thread your pics appear on the page as well as your words. Don't make the photos too large when you take them as it takes longer to upload. They don't need to be a billion zigga pixles. Just on screen quality.

Chris

Great to read that the diff is fixed! nice when everything is sorted it and it drives well again.

[img
P1010425.jpg
][/img]
here are some pics off diff

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
CopyofP1010422.jpg

just to prove i stripped the diff myself.
i wasnt as easy i thought.
just as well im not a girlie girl and like getting my hands dirty. :lol:

Yeah you are. Look, you've got gloves on :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can post multi pics in one post Niki. You don't need to do each one separately.

Well. Technical term for a front diff like that is... well, errm, there are lots of terms and they're highly technical.

Catastrophic failure is the polite one. Glad to see a hammer in there, eh Guys. And clearly a screwdriver being demonstrated correctly. Proper mechanic now. You can join our club.

Well done.

Chris

Incidentally Niki. It look black in there. Was the oil ever changed? Looks more like the inside of an engine!

When I changed the oil in my front diff it was black as well, I guess the rear is easy to get to but the front needs a hex socket and is a pain to refill so it doesn't get done as much.

okay i maybe confess to be being 2% girlie but the gloves did burst so i did get oil on my hands :thumbup:
and now being a fully fledged mechanic i had all the proper tools, and used them correctly.
i take it that means i have passed the initiation test and am now a member of this exclusive club i am so proud :D

dont think the oil had been changed in the diff but the new one has been all flushed out and lovely new oil put in.
all cv joints checked and rear diff as well.

i am glad to a certain extent it was catastophic failure that caused it to go coz is means it was nothing my mate had done and i can now forgive and forget but never let anybody drive the dragonwagon wagon again.

niki

OIL! In the front diff. Oh no, Niki, you don't put oil in there.. You haven't driven it like that have you? Please tell me you haven't. :o :o :o

Aww, kidding. Hey you're even using technical words too. Yes you passed. There's a vacancy for President coming up soon. You could apply. You get a hat and everything.

Chris

dont worry it was special stuff that was put in the diff it was out of poundland said 3in1 oil is that ok
so i thought 3in1 would do both diffs and the gear box. :thumbup:
hows that for saving some pennies innovative or what :?:

nikimiki said:
dont worry it was special stuff that was put in the diff it was out of poundland said 3in1 oil is that ok
so i thought 3in1 would do both diffs and the gear box. :thumbup:
hows that for saving some pennies innovative or what :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Niki, you'll do just fine on here I think. Let's see some pics at some point. We need to see this Dragon machine of yours.

3 in 1. Damn. Good tip. Off to Poundsaver now!!

Chris

hi guys
will get some pics tomorrow and upload them so i can show of my pride and joy.
the 3in1 is great stuff dragon is running a treat.
niki

Back