Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel cut off fuse location

Andy

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Can anybody give me any pointers as to the location of the fuel cut off solenoid fuse please,

collected an 80 for my son yesterday which has been standing for quite some time , put on a couple of charged up batteries & it wouldn't start until we put a 12v feed to the fuel cut off solenoid, then it ran as sweet as a nut.
got it onto the trailer & got home about 1/2 hr ago so not had chance to have a look yet.

It was fine when parked up ( 4 years ago!!) so we were going to look at the simple stuff first.

Andy

Can anybody give me any pointers as to the location of the fuel cut off solenoid fuse please.

Andy

Should be in the fuse box behind the left battery next to the screen wash reservoir, failing that there are fuses behind the kick panel in the drivers foot well and there is a fuse box lower right of dash, rhd.

Checked ( quickly) the fuse box under bonnet & the panel by the driver knee, all seemed OK, but was wondering if there were any others hidden away anywhere.
will have the d/s kick panel off this morning & look there

Andy

Only fuses should be under bonnet where headlight relays are or on the dash to the right of the steering wheel in the fuse box.
Could be an immobiliser somewhere. Or an old alarm.

Only fuses should be under bonnet where headlight relays are or on the dash to the right of the steering wheel in the fuse box.
Could be an immobiliser somewhere. Or an old alarm.

I agree Karl, but I keep finding fuses in new and unexpected places on thirsty, I even have fuses in the loom behind the glove box.

I agree Karl, but I keep finding fuses in new and unexpected places on thirsty, I even have fuses in the loom behind the glove box.

Agreed Julian but they arnt factory!
I find fuses all over the place too. I imagine it will be an after market jobbie that just cuts the fuel pump. If it's an Alarm or immolbiser then a fues may not be blown anyway it may just be the alam on shutdown due to flat batteries

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the replies, it was immobiliser & dodgy batteries.

all running fine now, just need to suss out the multitude of switches, the on board air with engine driven compressor worked a treat once we found the switch for that, havnt found the one for the hydraulic winch yet though!

Andy

Thanks for the replies, it was immobiliser & dodgy batteries.

all running fine now, just need to suss out the multitude of switches, the on board air with engine driven compressor worked a treat once we found the switch for that, havnt found the one for the hydraulic winch yet though!

Andy
Thought so :)

Least you got there. Do we have any pics then andy :)

The pics are to follow, he's just registered on the forum

Back