Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Economy

For the pleasure of the drive i can sacrifice the fuel economy, so many good things in life to do just dont get time to worry:dance:

Agreed - doing 60 down the hiway to get 35mpg is not worth it. If you wanted really good economy then get a different vehicle ;)

I get about 17mpg however I've got an LPG conversion which at 58p per litre locally so works out at about 34mpg / 35mpg. Lack of range is the only problem - approx 250 miles on a tank so you need to plan ahead on long trips - or run on petrol (yikes!).

My 2005 LC4 was converted to run on Veg Oil. I know this isn't the space for Veg Oil chat, but for economy you can't beat it.

You still have to add diesel to start and finish on, but I estimate 70mpg when you take into account diesel only... (I get my veg oil for free! Recycled cooking oil).

I've been running my rig for years now. If you need any advice, I'm happy to help. Check out my website www.vegoilcar.co.uk

I too run & process my 1-hdt 80 series on veg on. It's runs well and been doing this for 3 years plus now. Rebuilt my engine inside out recently and again started to drive on veg oil. Building the engine there were no damage from using this oil. Economy wise it's runs like vegoil jo says. On a long run it's increasing the economy to hoe ever long you drive. [emoji106]

Back