Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fun, fairly easy lanes or off road sites around Aylesbury?

Jimbo4x4

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I'm off to my girlfriends dads place this weekend and her half brothers have been pestering me to take them off roading. I'm only planning on taking them out for a couple of hours but we're going solo, so don't recommend anything that's likely to get me stuck or it could be alot longer than two hours!

Alternatively, anyone know of any off road sites round there that'll be open this weekend?

Thanks muchly in advance :D

Jim.

It might be a little far South from Aylesbury but there is a really nice lane just Alton that would be a breeze in your LC.
AKA Water Lane - see this link for me info :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6930

Seriously though, I think Whaddon 4x4 should be in striking distance from Aylesbury. I haven't been there myself but I've heard from others (ok, they were LR drivers :oops: ) that it's fairly challenging in parts and a good "course". I'm sure it would keep your passengers entertained.
http://www.whaddon4x4mx.co.uk/

HTH!

You'll struggle a bit there Jim, bit of a dry spot for lanes. There are some over by Berkhamsted and Dunstable but I couldn't recommend any of them. If you haven't already it might be worth asking on Difflock or the like for some local knowledge.

If you do get stuck, I'm not a million miles away from that area. Not exactly Ian Rubie Rescue Inc but...

Crispin said:
If you do get stuck, I'm not a million miles away from that area. Not exactly Ian Rubie Rescue Inc but...

That's alright Crispin but wouldn't you need an 80 there JUST IN CASE :twisted: :twisted:

Ecky Thump said:
[quote="Crispin":2iua2dgl]If you do get stuck, I'm not a million miles away from that area. Not exactly Ian Rubie Rescue Inc but...

That's alright Crispin but wouldn't you need an 80 there JUST IN CASE :twisted: :twisted:[/quote:2iua2dgl]

One day I'll rescue an 80. Hell, even if I have to hitch one in the tesco carpark and take photos :lol:
(Hopefully the owner won't get in and drive off with my 120 in tow)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the help guys, might wander up to Whaddon and see what that's all about. It is nice and close by.

Jon, I know difflock is the font of all knowledge n all but if I put a post up asking about lanes I'd have to search through 7 pages of argueing to find a useful reply. At least here everyone's everyone's mate :)

Looks like we'll be at Whaddon all Sunday afternoon, anyone want to join us?

I will call you on Sunday if i have some time, will be in London that day and i will be in the cruiser so looking hopeful.

Jim, you bringing down our t/case bash plates from Gav? Seeing as you live in the same neck of the woods as him and all :twisted:

Andrew Prince said:
Jim, you bringing down our t/case bash plates from Gav? Seeing as you live in the same neck of the woods as him and all :twisted:
If that's the case then im definitely going, Gav mine doesn't need to be packed, i do need the bolts though ;)

Just spoken to Gav, I'll call in on him and pick them up this evening for you gents, you both okay to pick them up at Whaddon4x4?

Hi guys - Jim is popping round tonight to collect your bash plates & brackets. I will have to post out bolts for you next week though - I've been down at Col's workshop today playing at rear wheel carriers (post to follow :) ) otherwise I could have picked up the bolts for you...

Best go get wrapping!!!

Cheers

Edit: PM your addresses to me guys.

Jimbo4x4 said:
Just spoken to Gav, I'll call in on him and pick them up this evening for you gents, you both okay to pick them up at Whaddon4x4?
Whaddon is about 85 miles from me, so 170 mile round trip... Rob, are you coming into London or will you meet Jim on your way back to Bristol? It would be much easier for me to meet you in London if you're able to pick them up on your way in.
Anyone else coming down South from the Whaddon Bucks area that could potentially assist?
If all else fails, I'll take a spin up to Whaddon. :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Were pics ever posted of the bash plates?
Chas :D

I'll pop some on tonight Chas - salasa dancing got in the way last night... :roll:

Was planning to london first, i could do it the other way round. Jim when you gonna be at Whaddon?

Right i can confirm that i will be at whaddon before i go to london, it works out better for everyone then. I can collect the plates from Jim and meet you neared london Andrew.

Back