Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Funny how life throws you those little curve balls isn’t it? Ho hum.

Hi Chris,
I have always looked forward to reading your posts etc but this one has set me back, I have never met you but you have helped me a number of times with all things 80 related.
I wish you all the best for the future.

That's very kind. Not gone yet so get all your questions in quick.

Hey who knows, I might look back on this in 10 years and think blimey, another one I got wrong. Here's hoping.

wings and curry on standby for the next meet! See you soon Chris, you seem to achieve most things you put your mind to :)

Jesus and here I thought my stubbed toe was news! Wishing well Chris!

Shit Crispin, is it bad? You never know how these things can turn out. Oh, wait....:oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've made my list ready ;)

forget the sale,that can wait untill your an old man. Plenty more time for buying shite you dont need.

When this shites behind you get out in a certain blue cruiser more. Well,that's if you can find a good enough one to buy ;)

Seriously. You will sort it. all the best from me and my crew mate

Blue Cruiser? Tell me more! Thanks Team W. See you soon. Got your spindles here. Collector's items now you know.

Bugger Chris, that's harsh, stay strong mate and live every day as it comes.
Lost my youngest sister to incurable cancer last year, when diagnosed they gave her 3 to 6 months and she got almost 3 years.

Please keep us all updated.

What an absolute shitter. Very sorry for you and your nearest. If you need a hand with anything at all from us in the local area just say the word.

Hey Chris, FFS mate!, hope all goes well, you have a great attitude toward it, hopefully all will be well and just like our cruisers a few repairs and spares and the" ole bastard" will keep going, will see you soon at the next meet, best of luck with the treatments, Jon, Tash and Alf

Sh!t Chris, thats a bummer, and I don’t just mean the colonoscopy! Curved balls you say? I can’t say I’ve heard of that happening to a chap before! Terrifying.
What’s to say that hasn’t been said. It’s a sodding nuisance that’s all; something you will beat, of that I’m sure.
Sending good wishes from us both.
Rich & Lynn

Well those all made me smile. I'll tell you all the tale of my ass-invasion over a beer at the Overland show.

Thanks for all the good wishes folks. I'm keeping strong. Not had a meltdown yet. But I might. I have some days where I don't feel great. It's got its hooks in me for sure. But it sounds as though the surgery I had might have actually cut through part of it which is what's making me feel a bit crook.

And I thought I was having a bad day trying to find a pair of tyres that were delivered - but not to me. Sheesh Chris that's bad news but the opinion I have of you from your posts says that you'll beat it if anyone can. After all, you're the guy who avoids big ships :icon-wink: .

And you can leave out the details of the Colonoscopy - I've had one :icon-biggrin:.

Seriously, its a foul disease but we have a world-class Health Service and you're in good hands. You and they will be giving it the best shot and we'll be cheering you on.

Keep posting and stay cheerful.

All the very best.

Bob.

Well those all made me smile. I'll tell you all the tale of my ass-invasion over a beer at the Overland Show

Billy Connolly tells it well…’Laxatives from NASA’! :shifty:

Bloody hell Cris, I‘ve not spent as much time on this forum as I used to... now I’m paying the price, one of the tailenders to get this awful news. You certainly are giving it your all, keep it up mate, it works wonders.
My sis had the same attitude, and she fought it for 20 odd years, doing all the things she enjoyed in life, most of them banned by the nurses, but she didn’t give a damn... looking to see you do the same, or better.
Chin up and full marks for starting this blog, oh wait....

Best wishes from far away, we won’t give up looking forward to you paying us a visit .... :icon-wink:

So sorry to hear this Chris and kudos for sharing, I'm not sure I would have the stoic courage to do what you have. For all knowledge, support and friendship you've shared with us here you have certainly earned a few extra rolls of the dice so I hope your doctor's have some better news for you in 12 weeks. Thoughts with you and your family this evening sir. Rosy

Wow! Not much else to say as hasn’t been said, but wishing you all the best in your treatment. I’ve had the “pleasure” of the (I hope it was) finger and camera invasions, the camera wasn’t so bad, but the sound crew were a little uncomfortable as they refused to take their boots off...

Chris that is shocking news, but they always give you a worst case without treatment senario straight up. Lance Armstrong beat an agressive cancer and he is a dick (fuck me I'm probably having a libel suit filed as I type).

I think a good diet is essential as is a PMA. There will be a section in the fsm for care and maintenance of a leather interior whilst living with a chronic illness On the bright side you can jump the queue for a covid vaccination and park in the blue spaces at the supermarket.

With any luck you'll find out that your doc was previously in charge of diagnostics at rangerover, flight control at Boeing and weather forecasting at the BBC. Second opinions always welcome...

Look forward to you being online for a longtime to come.

Glen.

Back