Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gday from brissy

ian1234

Country Flag
australia
Gday,

i'm Ian from Northside Brisbane, got myself a 73 FJ40 SWB of the holidays to start work on. She's had a H diesel conversion done already with mod plate. Bodies a little ruff but bugger all rust and the chassis is clean.

i plan on getting it on the road first then cleaning it up with new suspension, new wiring loom, dickie seat (3 seater bench seat atm) and maybe later on change the motor to something with a little bit more power.

My other toy is a 2012 hilux so keeping to the toyota theme.

Hopefully my picture works

IMG_0292.JPG

Great intro, welcome along. What a great looking cruiser and it's even been fitted with a handy snow plough.
Looking forward to following the build progress

welcome from me in France too - love that truck :)

Welcome to the club Ian. :thumbup:

Nice looking 40 you've got there. :icon-biggrin:

Hi and welcome love the old 40's I have a fj40 and fj45 with 2h runing gear in them good looking cruiser thanks for the pics .

Thanks fellas. i'll start a build thread when i progress a little more, stuck back at work.

looks like there's alot of great info on here already i'll be able to feed off.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Ian,

Truck looks good. Mine has an 2H in it and I recently fitted headers rather then the old cast iron system and it has made a big difference to the power and pull. But in Oz you have plenty of the turbo version of the H - it will bolt straight in and they are pretty indestructible. If they were available over here I'd fit one but in Europe they are like hen's teeth.

Regards,

what part of brissy are you in- I did a year out there- then I melted. welcome Kangaroo murderer

Rodge i've got a 1jz laying around that needs a rebuild maybe throw that in it later on, see what happens.

IRLGW i'm in in the burpengary mate, northside of brissy.

Back