Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

glow plug light

Brett
how could I check if mine was repaired-I imported it in 2005 from Germany.The only thing I was sure then was the change of Tbelt.
By the way-is it only one relay or two?I got one scheme from Toyota guy,and there are 2 relay:
28610 relay glow
28610a relay glow.
The matter is, when he tried to activate the second one for to check the price up,it doesn't want to appear on the screen.
About the motorbike relay...hm,I do not have guts to think about it.It needs skills,I'm afraid, I do not posses :cry:

HI Lubo

You can relax. As far as i know A relay is a relay irrespective if it is for one vehicle or another, as long as it is correct layout and rating. i bet you could find an auto electrician to assist...

Lubo, if it was repaired by Toyota under the recall it should be recorded somewhere on their databases.

If you speak to Toyota Customer Service ask them. If they have no details speak to the Technical Department, they are very helpful.

You will need to give them the VIN No. (Chassis Number) & if you have any info regarding the original German registration that might help them also.

You can get the contact details for your Country off the Toyota website.

Brett
this sounds for me like ''mission impossible''.Do not forget I live in Norway!!!We even are not members of EU :sick: you see-when they want to change my glow plugs and for a fixed price...think about it.I'll see for some electrician guy...if I do find there is something very wrong.But the little vietnamese guy said he could clean the relay...hm-can I trust that?is it possible?
cheers
Lubo

Lubo, if you've got a faulty relay I don't think cleaning it will help :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, your symptoms are different to mine, when mine failed the first thing I noticed was the voltage dropping on the gauge. I didn't get a glow plug light come on.

Probably a bad earth or dirty contact I'd have thought?

Thanks guys :thumbup: :clap: I'll come back to you on the topic after Saturday
cheers
Lubo

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Lubo,

I saw this on Ebay and thought of you. I suspect it's probably for a 12V (HD-T) which AFAIK does have glowplugs, so this relay might not be the correct part for you. The seller Stef is a member here, so contact him and ask him - he "breaks" cruisers so he may be able to provide the right part for a 24V. I am not sure a used part is the ideal solution but at the price, even with shipping to Norway, it might be worth it and your Vietnamese guy can try and sort out one good one from the 2 :idea:

Cheers,

Hi Andrew
thanks a lot for the tip :thumbup: I can't rich the guy-it needs eBay ID.I usually do not visit such sites,but if you tell me how I can contact Stef here,it will be another matter
cheeers
Lubo

you could try asking here too http://nlck.no/forum/

might be somebody more local can help or suggest someone in you area who sells second hand landcruiser parts.

Even with postage, however, it might be cheaper getting it from the UK though.

Lubo, have a look here on how to contact Stef. Also contact Karl Wester on this site as he breaks cruisers too and I'm sure could help ;)

Cheers,

Hello guys
sorry for that late answer :oops: but the good news are the light didn't coma back at all since last .So,my little Nam guy managed to come to the relay just to find out there was nothing wrong with it.So the problem is not solved ,but for now I can put it on ''hold''.
Many thanks to all of you ,who tried to help me out :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi
I've been thinking of this relay and the inlet heater it supplies for some time. It was -8c here and the l/c started straight away without a chance of hot air helping. Are these inlet heaters just for emissions rather than starting and if such is the case could the whole lot be disconnected to avoid risk of fire and the high drain of current whilst they are on?
My l/c is sept 1995 and date of recall was sept 2002.

Frank

Back