Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got It!

Good for you - you have to have a dream. Nice one

Steve

Congratulations Ben - well done! we'll miss you, don't forget to PM your address when you get settled, there'll be a list of prospective visitors. :lol: :lol:

Congratulations Ben, WELL done,

Hope you and the better half have a great time over there.

I am sure we are going to see you back for holidays to see the family?
Perhaps around Lincomb time? in a rented 4x4

Gra. SHB.jpg

Well done Ben. With your work ethic and attitude, you'll have that piece of land and house just as planned :icon-cool: Congrats

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great news, Ben - all the hard work and effort has paid off finally! My advice after recently moving to the Southern Hemisphere myself is start getting organised now!! Time flies by and lots of the planning and admin takes easily twice as long as you think. Your month of "downtime" to get ready will be super busy, so try not to leave things til then. If Aus is anything like SA, you will need lots of advance planning on vehicle import permits etc - 3 months is not a lot of time!

Cheers,

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Yes wil be back from time to time Gra. :icon-cool:

Couldnt possibly come to Lincomb in a landy though. :eusa-naughty:

Do they rent/hire cruisers? :pray:

Thanks Andrew, Great advice Andrew. :icon-cool:

I will start applying for vehicle import permits immediately. :icon-wink:

Yes wil be back from time to time Gra. :icon-cool:

Couldnt possibly come to Lincomb in a landy though. :eusa-naughty:

Do they rent/hire cruisers? :pray:

Thanks Andrew, Great advice Andrew. :icon-cool:

I will start applying for vehicle import permits immediately. :icon-wink:
Would be fun though to try out the "other half"

May be is about 10 people chipped in to hire it then all could have a go at wrecking it, leaving you for the final touch?
(Won't be much good after your "testing" )

Gra,

Gra.

It may take a little while to get all the admin together for the vehicle import certificate (this took me quite a long time in the end), then once you submit the application they have 15 working days to pick it up and start looking at it. Mine took another couple of days after that, but I was very thorough with my submission.

Shipping can take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks, and then you have to allow for customs clearance and AQIS inspections & cleaning (you can almost count on this for a 4wd). Then... after it has cleared you take it to the state transport authority to have it checked and verified. Then... you send those papers away with money to a company called 'Niddire Nameplates' to get your personal import plate. They send you the plate (could take a few weeks), you attach it (under the bonnet), go and buy third-party insurance, then take your car for a safety inspection (like an MOT). Then... you take the car, insurance papers, import papers and safety certificate to Queensland Transport, pay registration, pay a stamp duty based on a nominal valuation of the vehicle, probably a few other fees too, collect your number plates and registration sticker.

I'll light the BBQ :)

What sort of work are you looking for as my company head office in Sunshine are normally looking for people.

Now your recent "laning" trip seems to have been telling you some thing.

Well, as I see it.

You rolled your truck, and the out come was that you get accepted to go "down under"

All makes perfect sense now .

Why didn't I think of it before.

Gra.

Well done Ben.

It would be interesting if you start a blog on arrival - not just 4x4, but the whole fresh start thing, frustrations and successes.

What car you gonna buy?

Pete

It may take a little while to get all the admin together for the vehicle import certificate (this took me quite a long time in the end), then once you submit the application they have 15 working days to pick it up and start looking at it. Mine took another couple of days after that, but I was very thorough with my submission.

Shipping can take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks, and then you have to allow for customs clearance and AQIS inspections & cleaning (you can almost count on this for a 4wd). Then... after it has cleared you take it to the state transport authority to have it checked and verified. Then... you send those papers away with money to a company called 'Niddire Nameplates' to get your personal import plate. They send you the plate (could take a few weeks), you attach it (under the bonnet), go and buy third-party insurance, then take your car for a safety inspection (like an MOT). Then... you take the car, insurance papers, import papers and safety certificate to Queensland Transport, pay registration, pay a stamp duty based on a nominal valuation of the vehicle, probably a few other fees too, collect your number plates and registration sticker.

Thanks.

I best get cracking with the paper work then. :icon-smile:

I wont be in any huge rush to get the truck or get it on the road, as I will be buying a car as soon as I get there, possibly even before.

Going to get a small, cheap car just to get me around for a bit and to allow me to earn some money.

Regarding third party insurance...............................

Being in Victoria I wont need to do that because thats included in the REGO. I also wont need to have an MOT style test each year. :dance:

Cheap(er) motoring here i come! :icon-cool:

I'll light the BBQ :)

What sort of work are you looking for as my company head office in Sunshine are normally looking for people.

Ive been to sunshine, wont say why though. :whistle:

Looking for carpentry/welding metal fabricating work. But If I cant find work doing either of those things I will do anything to make ends meet. :icon-biggrin:

Well done Ben.

It would be interesting if you start a blog on arrival - not just 4x4, but the whole fresh start thing, frustrations and successes.

What car you gonna buy?

Pete

Will try Pete. :icon-wink:

Not sure what im going to do for an internet connection. :think:

Might find myself in Mcdonalds everyday just to use their free wifi. :lol:

Well done Ben :thumbup: Im pleased for you m8 :icon-biggrin: Going to miss our trips together though, we've had some great fun and laughs :icon-biggrin: :lol:

Graham may be bang on :think:

This was probably just your truck getting ready to spend the rest of its life up-side down :icon-biggrin: :lol: :icon-wink:

IMG_2880.jpg

Back