Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

green lanes in the lake district

stumog

Country Flag
england
hi chaps i am going to the lake distict in april can anybody shead so light on nice easy lanes for a standard car might be on mud tyres by then. i dont want to do to much nice drives to stop me getting bored will i am there. will not be with any other cars.

Not sure how much this will help, but I've posted a link in this thread to a website run by Cumbria County Council that shows what the lanes are like in terms of condition. Hope that helps a bit!

Old Coach Road near Keswick is a nice easy one and a long lane with good views. a washed out section could be tricky if you take the wrong line.
Breasthigh Road pretty straightforward (well it was in november) , but ford at western end could be high

I tend to do the lanes in the lakes on a regular basis. you're more than welcome to tag along. I'll try and post something in here when I go next

thanks for your help i am going between the 15th-4 until the next weekend dont want to do to much just nice easy ones as i dont hav my winch or taking any recovery gear. but thatnks for the offer let me know if you are going in those dates.

thanks for your help i am going between the 15th-4 until the next weekend dont want to do to much just nice easy ones as i dont hav my winch or taking any recovery gear. but thatnks for the offer let me know if you are going in those dates.

Hi, you should take the 404 unimog, you could recover all the others then! :?:lol:

enjoy!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The trouble with that is i would.need to leave now and sell my house to be able to afford to get there.
10mpg if your lucky and a cruiseing speed of 45 mph if you feel really brave.
Although its lots of fun but people do get bored waiting for you.

... Cruising speed of 45 mph if you feel really brave.
Although its lots of fun but people do get bored waiting for you.

Worth the wait in my book, they're ace machines!:dance: They use new ones here as all-purpose recovery for public service vehicles, busses, fire engines and snow ploughs. They're also a favorite for using as snow ploughs with gritting bins and dispensers on the back. They're unstoppable :clap:

ido enjoy owning such a amazing piece of kit but its might be time to say good by to it. i took a reporter out in it one day on the site i was working on she said ive been here there and done that. when she got out she was as green as the paint work and i had even put it in 4x4 yet or had the lockers in. good days.

Back