Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

Oh, Ben. Would you? I'd be so grateful, I could let you have them for nothing.

YEAH RIGHT GET YER OWN

Sounds like and excellent plan to me. Time and place decided. Set the countdown timer.

Chris

great! :thumbup:

so who exactly is coming? :?:

Karl
Ben
Chris
Dave
Ryan
Lorin
Rob

Have i missed anyone? Steve was talking bout it and another man mentioned it in your post ben

Karl

Just had a look at that RV. I can go out the back door, A61, A38, A5, MaccyD Breakfast! Ola! :thumbup:

No need for motorways at all.

Chris

I'm still in! But won't get there before 9am. Coming fron the big smoke after all. Big question is do I leave really early and hypermile it or snooze a bit and sod the mpg?

Either way super amped!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awsome :mrgreen: Is there room for a small one :?: :D

I'll be travelling up Saturday morning if that's OK :) I'm with Chris regarding Wales, just a step to far from home for me but would love to come out for a play Saturday day time, camp Saturday night then toodle off back toward Essex earlier rather than later on Sunday with the possibility of a couple of lanes in the morning, but if not no probs :D

Ben, do you have the OS 1:50000 scale Landranger map numbers for the areas that we will be in :?:

sae70 said:
Awsome :mrgreen: Is there room for a small one :?: :D

I'll be travelling up Saturday morning if that's OK :) I'm with Chris regarding Wales, just a step to far from home for me but would love to come out for a play Saturday day time, camp Saturday night then toodle off back toward Essex earlier rather than later on Sunday with the possibility of a couple of lanes in the morning, but if not no probs :D

Ben, do you have the OS 1:50000 scale Landranger map numbers for the areas that we will be in :?:

great! :thumbup:

dont use 1.50000 mate. i use 1.25000 as i find it easier, and theres more detail, even it does mean having hundreds of bloody maps. :lol:

i will be using explorer 217 & 201.

after a bit of searching, id say in the pink landranger map you want this one:-
http://www.shop.ordnancesurveyleisure.c ... 0319229071

that will cover almost all the lanes we will be doing.

im hoping to have my carputer working by this trip so will be using memory map aswell. :thumbup:

not that i need any maps as i know where every lane is! :thumbup:

Cheers m8 :thumbup: See you all soon :D

im off laning around shropshire again tomorrow, so should give me chance to check on a few of the places i think will be suitable for camping. :thumbup:

looking forward to next weekend, it will be a great. :thumbup:

had a great day laning today and drove a lot of the lanes we will be driving next weekend.

there all open, and after clearing a tree that had fallen across the lane today there all clear. :thumbup:

i dont think driving that lane i found a few weeks ago is going to be feasible. i came down it today and it ended up being the last lane of the day as it took us 3 hours to drive down it, and we had to use winches, shovels and saws. :shock:

if the ground had been dry it would have been a lot easier. i am intending on going back and winching up it, but it will take time to get up, and damage to the truck is pretty much guaranteed. my mates hi-lux took quite a beating coming down it today, due to the sever side slope which most of the lane has. :doh:

ive found a few possible camp sites one of which seems ideal. :thumbup:

Sounds good mate, Were in your hands to be honest.

Ive got a hell of alot of work to do on my truck this week and im building so will have to be at nights :thumbdown:

Looking forward to this weekend :thumbup: I will be coming up Saturday morning - any ideas where we will be meeting and what sort of time :think:

Lorin- mcdonalds, Wrekin Retail Park, Arleston, Shropshire TF1 2DE :thumbup:

to show you what is in store have a look at my suzuki mates great blog from yesterdays laning.

we will be doing a similar route, but will probably skip the last lane.

if anyone does want to do the last lane, we will be camping near by, so it would be possible for those wishing to drive it, to drive it. :thumbup:

http://www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/shrops ... g_115.html

Nice one Ben :thumbup: :D Dave's blog was great :D Just looking @ the pics of that last lane made me all sweaty :!:

Can't wait for next weekend, looks like it'll be great fun :D

I'm loading Fiery up with all the gear tomorrow as it's my only free day prior to Saturday :)

MMMMMMMMMMMM

Carnt wait. Think im going to be too high now though :thumbdown:

Bring on sat morning :thumbup:

ben said:

Cheers Ben. The lanes look great. Hopefully we'll have some rain during the week to spice things up a bit :pray: :twisted:

ben said:
Sounds good :thumbup: I shall see you there.

Back