Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

Re: Re: Green laning

karl webster said:
Is anyone wanting me to bring some lorry sheet to protect there roof tents or not?

I carnt suppy straps as well though :D

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Just to confirm, are we are meeting at 9 or 10am :?:

A nice dose of rain just in time :cool: Reckon my old mud terrains are going to struggle a bit compared to all your extreme tyres though :evil:

Zero nine hundred Lorin. Nine of the clock.

If you are there at ten, all there will be is tyre marks and crumbs from my Mega Maccy D Breakfast meal.

Chris

Right bearings sorted. They didn't look too bad actually but the lock nut loose. Bit confused about that one. Anyway tightened em up as per the FSM and now tight like a tiger. Tip for anyone else who's going to work on their bearing: remember to buy a set of spring clip pliers. They are absolute c*nts to get off and put back on without a set! Don't ask how I know...

Didn't get a chance to sort the cb, will see what time I get there. May have a fiddle while we wait for others.

See ya all tomorrow. Very amped now!

Myself and dave may be a touch late as ben is needing me to call at his first to take some spacers for him for his truck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ryan, remind me to show you how to get them off easily and a p1ss easy way to put them back on in the field in 10 seconds with out pliers. Oh yes.

See you at Mc D's.

Watching Santana at the moment. Epic.

C

I know, Karl. I know. But contain your excitement. You'll just have to wait. Now get yourself off to bed or you'll be all cross in the morning.

Chris

just got home! :o

got back to my works yard at 4.30, washed and unloaded the van and then started fitting my new wheels/tyres. that done i then fitted the new oil seal which was fairly straight forward, then fitted a new CB, loaded the truck up with all the stuff, and then just been to asda to get supplies. :)

really appreciate you leaving a bit earlier than planned Karl, to bring me the wheel spacers so i can get them fitted and then we can hit the road and meet the others. :thumbup:

the tyres are catching on the radius arms like mad and i currently have very little lock. :thumbdown:

ive got a rough plan for sunday Chris, which involves laning south of where were camping down towards where i went laning 2 weeks ago. but i do have a few other options that we could do. ive got all the maps, so we can discuss it properly over a beer and around the fire tomorrow night.

ive got loads of nice dry firewood loaded in the truck, and a huge strong tarp, that we can rig up if it looks like it might rain. :thumbup:

channel 24 it is then! ;)

see you in the morning lads. :dance:

Ready, steady & GOoooooooooo :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Happy laning everyone and safe travels. Wish I was going but instead I have a date with Pirtek Reading for 8:00. If anyone has a gps or carpooter please log the trails for the data base.

just got home and had a nice shower.

what a great weekend weve had! :thumbup:

saturday went well and me Karl and Dave soon had my wheel spacers fitted before leaving the farm and driving and meeting the others at 9am as planned.
the days laning went well, despite Karl delaying us for an hour while he looked for his phone which was under his seat! :whistle:

we did get split up a few times on some of the road sections, but this was partly down to me not driving slow enough. :lol:

we did some good lanes, and the weather was great we had to trim a few branches out of the way for the roof tents.

we found the camp site without too much trouble and soon had the tents pitched and fire wood collected.

a few of us then drove a mile up the road to drive the challenging lane id found.

we all got down it easy enough as the ground was very dry, but coming back up it was a lot harder and winches were needed and a tree also needed chainsawing out.

we made it back to camp just before dusk and Ryan realised hed lost his keys! :?

we drove back to the lane and fortunatly found them next to a gate. :D

we then got back to camp and sat around a roaring fire into the early hours with plenty of cold beer and great company. :thumbup:

sunday rained all day constantly, but this didnt make the day any less enjoyable. we drove a few more challenging lanes and a few fords. i got drenched as i cut a lot of low hanging branches and trees out of the way with my chainsaw, ahead of the roof tent trucks following behind. :thumbup:

all in all a bloody great weekend.

pics to follow shortly. :thumbup:

when and where is the next one going to be then lads? :?:

would be great if we could have a weekend laning every couple of months. :thumbup:

Wicked weekend thanks to ben for the tour and everyone else for coming.

Great bunch of lads again and had a great time.

Ill have a look at the pics i have,

Any i made it there and back this time :dance:

JUST :whistle:

Well done Ben. Great organising and spot on lane arranging.

Loads of stories, but no dramas! I seem to have just about escaped any damage whatsoever to the car. You lads......? :whistle:

OK roof tent needs straightening though. Oops.

Car looks pretty clean actually. Loads of standing water on the way home.

Chris

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend :thumbup: Canny jealous :thumbup: How about the lakes for a weekend greenlaning :think:

thanks guys, im glad you enjoyed it. :thumbup:

damage, who me? :whistle:

nope none at all. :liar:

Lakes sounds great for a weekend trip away Paul! :thumbup:

the other places i thought were one in the Peak district, as theres a few guys from around that area. ive also asked Steven if he can look into putting a trip on down his neck of the woods, which could also include driving Europe's longest ford!

would be great if other members could organise laning trips in there area for us. :thumbup:

the beauty of this weekends trip is/was local knowledge and knowing which lanes are worth driving and which are worth avoiding, and where might be suitable to camp. :thumbup:

No damage to yours either Ben. Hmm, well that's two of us through with a clear round. Wonder how everyone else did? :think:

Chris

C'mon you two, :whistle: stop telling porkies, :naughty: you know it will come out in the end so give us the list.

I would be quite happy to organise a weekend in the lakes, I have driven most of the best lanes now :thumbup: I go green laning in the Peak District with a guy from l200.org. I am sure we could sort a trip to Stanage Edge!

Back