Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

I'm still in for a flat one at the minimum.

Have rivnut tool, have drill and only the wife wears stilettoes :lol:

Latest news is that there will be a Rivnut insertion tool included. No, not a Memfast complete kit. What are you nuts? I think I have something like this that I used to get me going when I first discovered Rivnuts.

How many of us already have a RivNut insertion tool, is it necessary to include one?

Bloody hell Chas, he's chucking in a little tool to put a dozen nuts in - for free. Let's not have a debate about him putting something in for free. I have hundreds of rivnuts but I am not going to ask that he doesn't put any in with mine.

Sheesh. This is what makes things unnecessarily complicated. I don't want a poll on who has a nut tool. Please.

Nothing these days is free, it all adds.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Latest news is that there will be a Rivnut insertion tool included. No, not a Memfast complete kit. What are you nuts? I think I have something like this that I used to get me going when I first discovered Rivnuts.

Cool, always handy to have stuff like that in the tool box.

Just come to this thread a bit late (but not too late it seems). What's the deadline for putting my name down for one of these? Would probably be interested in one with the lockers.

Not too late Ale - if your fairly serious about getting one just add your name to the list.

Deff interested in a cubby box version, but not a plain version as I already have an ally sheet on there.

Updated that for you Andrew :)

1. Chris, I'd take 2 at the right price

2. Chris, as above
3. Yogi, I'd take 1 at the right price (just one cause I only have one 80!) Never mind, I'll send you a picture of my two
4. Rob, ideally at sub £100
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box. Yep ideally we'd all like that. Noted
6.Mark, ideal price if we get to 10-20
7. Karl, maybe 2 depending on design etc. Sub £100 (matching black for black Cruisers)
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
10. Gary820 sub 100. (Less hassle then making one)
11. Indigo Spirit nice and simple, clearly able to follow instructions
12. Gav and also a hundee one but only because you could supply actual drawings
13. Gav As above just to be different
14. cmcmill01 Jacuzzi and sauna
15. Justin Elliott - yes yes we all want trinket boxes
16.Chas one please with shiny bits.
17. Andrew Brierley with shiny bits too
20 Come on reach for it guys.

Thanks Grant. Glad someone can read :icon-rolleyes:

Ale, thanks for the interest, but 'would probably be interested' needs to be a bit firmer to be honest. The list is, well was, for those who would definitely BUY and PLAIN one, for sure at the prices shown. For everyone's sake we could really do with hitting that 20 as it's going to make quite a bit of difference to the pricing. I have already said that we can mix and match but 20 will benefit everyone. I know that a few will be bound to drop out along the way as it's always the case - we all have bills etc. But if there is anyone out there that you think may not have seen this then give them a nudge.

Gave we can include the 100 series plain decks in these numbers if we can get drawings. The hundee ones will be £10 extra on top of the price of the 80 one unless we can drum up 5 or more orders - at what ever group rate we hit. But until we have a drawing obviously we can't add you to the list.

With people who have said they'd ONLY be interested in the cubby version, we are just about there really. No dead line on adding your name but hurry up so the rest of us can have ours.

I shall put the pricing up tonight now I am home.

Last edited:
Ok Guys, time to firm up your interest. Here are the prices against quantity. Doubtless there will be endless further discussion following this. It’s worth knowing that on the cubby version, just the two locking handles alone come in at £67. They aren’t cheap sports locker units robbed out of an old changing room. This is quality stuff.

If you are interested still – and this is not a blood oath to buy, but a very definite “if we reach the numbers then you’ll see my cash” agreement then please update the list. If, in the words of Dragons’ Den, you are out, then that’s fine, but as I said earlier, please just walk away and leave the thread for those who want to move on these.

For a min total order of 20 decks including a minimum qty of 6 cubby versions

Plain version £79 delivered

Cubby version £200 delivered

For a min total order of 15 decks including a minimum qty of 6 cubby versions

Plain version £89 delivered

Cubby version £215 delivered

For a min total order of 10 decks including a minimum qty of 4 cubby versions

Plain version £102 delivered

Cubby version £255 delivered

100 series plain versions as per the 80 variant + £10 for an order of less than 5. Currently no 100 cubby version is being offered

Unfortunately there is a surcharge with couriers delivering to the H&I of £7.00 I know many of you have experienced this frustration, but there’s nothing we can do about that. You could always have it delivered to someone else and then pick it up from Lincomb.

I am up for this but clearly at the 20 unit price. We are very close to the 20 committed orders on the plan version alone. So we really should be able to get everyone sorted for £79 which is what you already new. We only need 5 people to say yes to the cubby version because I am going to have at least one cubby version and one plain version for sure. So only 13 + 5 to go.

Please post you clear intention and I will update the list. But DO try and get some more people signed up.

I can do no more.

1. Chris, Cubby confirmed
2. Chris, Plain confirmed
3. Yogi, Plain confirmed
7. Karl, maybe 2 depending on design etc. Sub £100 (matching black for black Cruisers)
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
10. Gary820 Plain confirmed
16.Chas Cubby confirmed
Andrew Brierley with shiny bits too
C'mon cubby guys get ya fingers out!

Last edited by a moderator:
3. Yogi, Plain confirmed
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
16.Chas Cubby confirmed
Andrew Brierley with shiny bits too

.......confirmed for me, plain one please, list amended.......

Last edited by a moderator:
3. Yogi, Plain confirmed
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
16.Chas Cubby confirmed but no more than £200

.......confirmed for me, plain one please, list amended.......
I know it all depends on amounts ordered but there's a hell of a jump between plain and fancy.

There is an awful lot more to the fancy ones though Chas, going by whats been posted about them by Chris.

If I wanted to I could knock out a crappy plain one for free out of a bit of scrap steel and weld it in place, for the cost of well a couple welding rods and maybe half an hour of my time. But it'd be rough rough rough!

Making a nice one like this seems like its going to be would require patience and more importantly finesse, 2 things I usually lack!

As for the cubby one, now thats about 4 times the work plus the cost of decent fittings.

For the life of me a I can't think why.

£69 basic plate + £67 for locks gets you to £136, plus hinges, plus making the enclosures etc, forming the stainless fog light guard all for £54. You could just buy the basic plate and get someone else to make all the rest up cheaper I guess.

3. Yogi, Plain confirmed
5. Grant, ideally with cubby box. Yep ideally we'd all like that. Noted - SWMBO approved
8. Karl, as above
9. Richard.sub £100
16.Chas Cubby confirmed but no more than £200