6. Mark01, plain, confirmed
7. Richard. Cubby, confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
8. Gary820 plain confirmed
9. Indigo spirit plain Chubby, confirmed
Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
10. Gav and also a hundee one but only because you could supply actual drawings
11. Gav as above just to be different
12. Craig. Cubby confirmed
13. Justin Elliott - confirmed (cubby if ~£215 otherwise plain)
14. Chas cubby confirmed but no more than £200 Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
15. Andrew Brierley cubby, confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
16. Reinhard- plain for 100 series - no pressure Gav, but we need that drawing
17. Jon - with cubby confirmed
18. Ale - plain confirmed (has to be under £100! )
19. Ray with cubby confirmed
20. ?

I'm in with the extra £3.60
Using the phone so if someone could amend the list please.

I'm in with the extra £3.60
Using the phone so if someone could amend the list please.
Done

Chris, cubby confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
2. Chris, plain confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
3. Yogi, plain confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
4. Rob, plain confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
5. Grant, cubby, confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
9. Indigo spirit plain Chubby, confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
20. ?

Hey up Gav lad. Nice to have you back. Been having a snooze?
What eh what!?! :sleeping-sleep:

Just going to check with a template print out later & should have that over to you in the next couple of days senor; can you drop me your email s'il vous plait?

Whats he doing with the edges of the plates Chris? Is he rounding them over in any manner?

Cheers

Shall we put the additional plain one in the for sale section and put the proceeds towards the club?

Rob that is a capital idea. We can all then have a little symbol in our side bars -no no no I am joking. Yes we could do that Rob. I like the idea. But we don't sell it for less than we paid or there'll be a lynching.

Err, Gav I think his intention was to leave them jagged?

Smooth dude. Smooth. But square I think. You lost my e-mail address? Blimey no wonder I didn't get a Christmas card this year.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1. Chris, cubby confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
2. Chris, plain confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
3. Yogi, plain confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
4. Rob, plain confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
5. Grant, cubby, confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
9. Indigo spirit plain Chubby, confirmed Would pay 1/20th at £3.60
20. ?

Don't think the maths quite adds up there for the 20th one, should be 1/19th surely?

Last edited:
So are we alive or dead with this group buy?

I've to get checker plate to do a trailer floor, and I'll make something with the off cuts if this is a non runner, but I would really like something flatter and tidier.....

Not sure LR applies here in the spirit that it was created.. It's not exactly an item for sale. It's a group purchase for something specific and bespoke. But if you have something to say just go ahead and say it.

Just that I did one for a customer last week for half the 20 order price. Have been umming and arring about saying something but didn't want to step on toes but as you guys seem to be struggling to get the numbers up though I would. All I can assume is that the guy offering them doesn't have the equipment to cut them himself and hence the price comes down with volume. I have that equipment onsite so one offs cost little or no more than bulk runs????

The chap making them is running a commercial business in the fullest sense of the word. It's not just the cost of making one, it's the cost of not making something else with that time and set up. As it's mostly green oval stuff, it can be made and sold at good speed. Someone coming along to order 20 special items is really a personal favour to me on the forums behalf. I know what is involved in this item and as we have already said just the locks alone are like £70. Of course you can put cheap locks in, but he won't make and sell product with his name on it that is in any way a compromise. When you do that, people come back later and complain about crappy furniture etc. and that isn't what he is about. I have several bit of kit from him and it's taken a beating and is as good as the day I bought it. Not a single fault nor failure.

Point is that he hasn't advertised these on here - I have because I want one. Now if another thread popped up where someone was making something similar then Larry would have no cause to get involved. It's a free market. Trying to arrange this has taught me one valuable lesson for sure; never do it again.

If the there was something off the shelf that was good quality, well made and fitted at the right price without having to coordinate anyone else, hell, I'd buy it. But it would have to be bob on in every respect.

It was a great idea Chris, and thank-you very much for making the effort.

I think 20 was quite a high number to aim for, we had no problem getting 10. I know that was the nature of the deal though.

'Nothing ventured, nothing gained' as they say. :thumbup:

Yes, Thanks from me too Chris, were we not going to order 20 and split the cost of the 20th between the rest or is there not enough people willing to share that cost?

Last edited:
That is the plan Chas, not sure why anyone would think it was game over. All we need is Gav to get the drawings for the 100 series to me and we're about done. It was really only the cubby versions where people needed to agree to the extra £3.60. The plain versions were just requests to keep it under £100 which they would be.

Oohhh GAVIN!!!!!!!!! Cooooeeeeeee.... I PM'd you my e-mail address last week. If you can't do the hundee drawing then basically it is pretty much off. We needed the 100 crowd to make up those last numbers. To say 20 was never really on when we have 19 is slightly disingenuous.

Sorry for holding up the show chaps; didn't do it sooner as there wasn't much point til we knew it was a goer... Plus, as expected, my carper board disintegrated on removal... :icon-rolleyes:

Anyhoo, have dropped you drawing CJ - just need to do a final full size print to make sure holes line up with edges etc but it gives your man the essence of it to make sure his pricing is ok.

Reiterating my email, thanks for your efforts on this :icon-cool:

That is the plan Chas, not sure why anyone would think it was game over. All we need is Gav to get the drawings for the 100 series to me and we're about done. It was really only the cubby versions where people needed to agree to the extra £3.60. The plain versions were just requests to keep it under £100 which they would be.

Oohhh GAVIN!!!!!!!!! Cooooeeeeeee.... I PM'd you my e-mail address last week. If you can't do the hundee drawing then basically it is pretty much off. We needed the 100 crowd to make up those last numbers. To say 20 was never really on when we have 19 is slightly disingenuous.
Sorry Chris, I thought from the way you were talking above it was game over!

I'm still very keen.

do you know what thickness of stainless steel would be used for these? thinking of sourcing some for my hilux

Do we have the required number of orders now?

Back