Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Handbrake rebuild

Zeusv8

Hi lads, I am trying to find a description on rebuilding the handbrake and was hoping someone could point me in right direction. Has anyone here done this? Did the parts come from Toyota or are there other options?
Thanks for any help,James

I had just done mine on the old 100 prior to selling. Its a very easy job.

How far do you want to go?

Not too sure mate,it is fairly useless at the moment and the guy in a tyre place had to put washers in somewhere to get it to slightly work! I'm going for a rebuild just to make sure it's done right. Where did you get the parts from Warren? How's the new bus?bet you're still grinning like a Cheshire cat!lol

There is not a lot that can go wrong as it’s a simple design. A cable from the handbrake lever to one that connect to each rear drum with an adjuster behind the rear diff. The end of the cable attaches to a pivoting cast Z that attaches to a spring and in turn pushes out the shoes. I would open up the rear and check the brake shoes to start and then see if they need to be adjusted with the little click wheel accessed via the hole in the rear disc then check the adjustment on the cable tensioner. If after all that there is still a problem then let me know.

Back