Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Handbrake Shoe change

J66P

done mine today using all Milner's parts, I am starting to question the quality of the parts with the amount I have lately, I know they do plenty of cheap genuine parts but the non genuine stuff does appear to be questionable to say the least

The shoes appear to have too much meat on them
The handbrake fitting kit is absolutely garbage, the pin retaining discs dont have the secondary loactors in them so the disk is free ti turn once fitted

Well we've had these discussions long and hard in the past. Some of their kit is gen Mr T, some is copy and good, some is copy and shite. The trick is in building up a list of what good. Genuinely they do stock some worthwhile parts. If you visit them, you can see just how many Jap parts they do hold. It's thousands.

It used to be the case that most of what they sold was 'get me through the MOT so I can flog it' but that is changing. Slowly I guess. Carl on the parts desk is acutely aware of this but there are still many many customers who want a cheap part - cheap to simply bang on there. Their suppliers change frequently too. One minute bearings are KOYO and the next NTN. For me they are a lifeline as they are so close and have pulled me out of the shite so many times I can't recall.

I can't say anymore really. Other than to say, tell them. They are changing. I don't know what's happened down there but they are absolutely trying to stock better parts. If they were to sponsor the site (see current debate) then maybe we might have a better line into them

I agree totally Chris, i will be calling in at some point next week.

I like cheap parts as much as the next person, given the amount of places that have the amount of stock Milner's do the don't need to stock cheap rubbish especially that isn't fit for purpose, most of us would still buy from them given the one call shop and as I said stock, plus added bonus its not a million miles out the way for me.

I can get away with most things given my history of fixing trucks for over 20 years, 10 of that mobile in a van and not much I ain't done (8 legger brake relines, clutches, diffs, head gaskets, etc.. at the side of the road almost) but the general DIY mechanic would have no chance

Back