Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

handbrake warning light under acceleration ?

Shayne

Guru
1KD or D4D 90 series , the handbrake parts and disks were replaced new i think 2 years maybe 6000 miles ago and i feel hard of pulling it apart when i feel its more likely to be an electrical fault so any ideas ?

I fell foul of this before, turned out to be low brake fluid in the reservoir. It moves under acceleration triggering the warning. The light is dual purpose

:text-+1:
It’s also telling you your brake pads are getting low simply because the brake fluid is in the calipers and not the reservoir. They may still have plenty of meat on them, just worth checking.

I had this same thing Shayne & the result was a rear caliper that somehow poped out the piston & jammed the pad between the caliper and disc.the resulting bang was quite alarming & meant the 95 had another trip on the back of a breakdown waggon.

Thanks all , calipers were refurbed by Bigred as well so i guess its time the Mrs learned to change her own brake pads .

On second thoughts there's no room to sleep in the shed so i best go get my spanners out :|

Thanks all , calipers were refurbed by Bigred as well so i guess its time the Mrs learned to change her own brake pads .

On second thoughts there's no room to sleep in the shed so i best go get my spanners out :|
That’s it Shayne, you know it makes sense.
:laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back