Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Happy Boy!

NPT not always easy to get here. But if you use BSPT plastic / composite fittings, they will squash enough to seal. The threads are only very slightly different but if you use steel or brass, they won't seal. I'm sure you'll find some but just in case .....
Crazy Americans.......just want to plug my pipe in to blow up my tyres :) Will have a shuft round and see what I can find

Been outdoing property checks this morning and passed a normally lifeless weigh-bridge.........guy there weighed the truck, me & Mrs on board, 1/2 tank of gas, with probably 25l in Aux tank. No water, no dogs bit of recovery gear in boot and......
3,360 kg....... :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
New headlamps fitted today (l/h drive ones) just got to wait till dark so I can set them up a bit.......CT (2 year MOT) booked for a week on Friday - should be OK just passed a UK one :)
Certificate of Conformity ordered paid for and on its way (cant Frenchify it without one) So all should be good for Froggy registration! This is all new now. You cant wander down to the prefecture with all your paperwork and get a very helpful (or unbelievably unhelpful) bint to put it all together and post a Cart Gris (Grey card) . You have to do it online....and by all accounts the machine normally says no.........or loses everything......oh bring back the Fonctionaires!

Light Bar fitted under the roof rack, slightly set back (thanks Clive!) to try and keep a bit of glare off the bonnet.......cant wait to test it later. Supposed to be the all new 5D Leds, 36" with 546 watts!
20180309_140311.png

Last edited:
Just found front passenger footwell awash with water :( I think I read somewhere about blocked drains - off to do a search before it rains again!

Tried finding a leak but no luck. Water over sunroof, corner of windscreen nowt - but on drivers side the windscreen is delaminating in the bottom corner (gone white) so probably needs changing at some point in the future.

Same as my 24v but mines auto and grey leather. Agree in some lights can look black. My favourite colour on a 80.
I have to say it drives very well. Solid on the road. Not at all 'floaty' like the 95. And yes, the colour is the best :)

The leak is not from the a/c drain pipe is it?

I don't think so, it's not on at the moment......i don't think, better check!

Tried finding a leak but no luck. Water over sunroof, corner of windscreen nowt - but on drivers side the windscreen is delaminating in the bottom corner (gone white) so probably needs changing at some point in the future.

It’s worth checking that the drain tubes are clear Steve.

There’s one in each corner of the frame (4) and they need a very bendy wire carefully threaded down them. The fron 2 end up inside the sills each side and the rear 2 go further back each side just behind the middle row of seats IIRC.

I still get a tiny drip leak though, in heavy rain, directly over my head (front left corner).

No idea why it should come in, but I find it helps if I keep the inner edge (where the felt contacts) well polished. The surface tension of the water stops it soaking into the felt and migrating through.

I certainly don’t get anything “awash” though, it sounds like its coming through the screen surround to have that much coming in.

Your right Clive, i need to have a winkle in me drain tubes. Awash, well, a small pudle on my new rubber mats. It was pretty wet last night and there was a lot of standing water on car this morning. I will wait for a drier day and have a wiggle with some wire :)

Your right Clive, i need to have a winkle in me drain tubes. Awash, well, a small pudle on my new rubber mats. It was pretty wet last night and there was a lot of standing water on car this morning. I will wait for a drier day and have a wiggle with some wire :)

I’ve used one of the cores of 13A electrical cable in the past, with the end bent back on itself to give a rounded ‘nose’ when threading through.

There’s loads of bends in the tubes so you have to be patient...

Worth trying pouring some hot water down each first, if they are draining, then they’re not blocked, it will save you a fiddly job.

There’s one in each corner of the frame (4) and they need a very bendy wire carefully threaded down them. The fron 2 end up inside the sills each side and the rear 2 go further back each side just behind the middle row of seats IIRC.
I have a damp floor on one side. Thanks for the good tip

How odd. Its been raining most of the night, so first job was to check rubber mat........bone dry. Not a drop. I am thinking, maybe the sunroof wasnt sealed 100% after being opened and closed a few times whilst fitting the light bar? I am going to have to keep a 'weather' eye on it I think. Thanks for all the tips guys :)

Oh no !!!! MS failed its French MOT - passed a UK one in January though..........nothing too serious -#1 Chassis number covered in rustproofing so he cant find it - I think its just behind the drivers side wheel - can anyone post a pic of the vin# on the chassis so i know exactly were it is - I can scrape away the covering and make it all clean for him to read please.....#2 leaking rear shock :( these are RidePro Xtream Rox shocks - I have found a Frenchie supplier and they are 154€ each......... :( and lastly,#3 the front-rear brake balance isnt good - Rears are only 42% efficient as I understand it - so I need to balance this out a bit better (I meaning my mechanic guy!). Charlie had his rooftent mounted on - this is something we are planning to do - would this make a big difference to brake balance?

pic of brake results

View attachment 20180316_125225.png

Back