Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hazards Not working, are they a MOT Failure?

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Hello,

Since I put my ARBs back and front, seems that my Xmas Tree (100) has 5 RHS indicator lights and 5 LHS, a grand total of 10 bulbs.

Seems the flasher unit is either tired or cannot take the strain of all these lights, is it possibe to get a flasher unit for the 100, which would work.

Also is there a separate flasher unit for the left and right?

Any pearls of wisdom anyone?

Cheers.

I know they always ask you to put hazards on when your having a mot. So i take it that they are a fail

karl

karl wester said:
I know they always ask you to put hazards on when your having a mot. So i take it that they are a failkarl
Mind you, you could always wave your arm out of the window :thumbup: or is that not legal anymore :confusion-confused: maybe it's a case of if you have them fitted they MUST be working :naughty:

Putting LED bulbs into about three on each side would solve that problem. They take much less power.

Another thing is: Can you legally have more than one blinker at each corner, + one at each side?

Hello, mate, thanks for the info on the led lights.

I will change the bulbs in them today and let you know how it performed.

Cheers,

uHu said:
Putting LED bulbs into about three on each side would solve that problem. They take much less power.

Another thing is: Can you legally have more than one blinker at each corner, + one at each side?

According to UK construction and use, number of direction indicators per side is 1 rear, 1 front and 1 side marker so according to that having 2 at the front, 2 at the rear plus the side marker is not allowed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi, nobody's complained till now, I had cop cars tailing me all day yesterday, not that I'd done something wrong....

But it gives more indication when I'm turning...

Lets see if the MOT guy moans, I will take out a bulb each and put it back later on.... :whistle:

I was wondering some cars have a circle of leds in each light, does that mean they gotta blink them all out and just leave one led lit? I think not.

Anyway thanks for input..... :thumbup:

Andy Harvey said:
uHu said:

According to UK construction and use, number of direction indicators per side is 1 rear, 1 front and 1 side marker so according to that having 2 at the front, 2 at the rear plus the side marker is not allowed.
That may be the minimum required number of direction indicators per side? As I have a vehicle that left the factory with a direction indicator in the rear bumper and a second in the rear pillar, on the same corner of the vehicle. So when I indicate to turn, you see one direction indicator flashing in the bumper and the second in the pillar, when viewed from the rear.

On a different note, the previous owner for the vehicle submitted it for an MOT with one of the bumper direction indicators not functioning, but it still passed the MOT as it was still showing one direction indicator on that side, I believe it got an advisory for the blown bulb and fast flashing that it caused. I don't know if this was 100% the way it should have gone, but it passed.

I personally prefer having more than one directional indicator per corner for redundancy, and increased visibility / safety reasons.

Cheers,

Scott.

kamalsrana said:
Lets see if the MOT guy moans,Anyway thanks for input..... :thumbup:
My 80 passed the MOT recently, :dance: before this thread cropped up, I have a TJM winch bunper that has indicator lights built in, so at the front I now have two flashers :oops: each side, the MOT man never said a word. :thumbup:

Re: Tried LEDs, current is there but no light, why?

Hello chaps,

I am really baffled, I removed the corner bulbs and ordered LED bulbs, they say are a direct fit.

Now, when I insert the LED bulb into the holder it does not light up.

I have checked and the current is there, when I even connect a wire from the connector to the LED bulb, it lights up perfectly, but, as soon as I insert the damn bulb in the holder, you guessed, no light.

I think that either I am going nuts or physics no longer what it used to be?

Has anyone put LEDs in their 100?

Back