Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Silviu

Country Flag
romania
Hi,

I've been experiencing the check engine light twice now, one time last week and after disconnecting the battery it went away.
Now, last night just as started it the check engine light went on again.
Can you please help me figure out what tools I need?

Thank you!

The eeasiest way to read the codes is probably for you to get hold of TechStream & an adaptor, if you have a laptop you can install it on. Just search and research techstream a bit, here and on mud, and you'll find tons of good info. Most standard code readers wont do.

Went to an auto shop to get the diagnosis for now, any opinions ?
2017-07-01 11.39.19.jpg

The intake shutter fault is most frequently a vacuum tube problem, as the intake shutter on the pre 2003 is vacuum operated.
The IP fault is hard to say, but it looks like the tester is showing post 2002 codes, not matching your model, even though it is set to your model (If this is not from a Toyota Tester, it would explain that problem (get techstream)). Anyhow, reported IP faults are most frequently because of replaced/leaking windscreen, with water/corrosion on the E-ECU (-contacts), behind the glove box.
The AHC fault codes are not very reliable, and you will need the pressures and sensor values in addition in order to conclude anything. So much easier if you have techstream available all the time. That said, the rear sensor is probably the ahc part with the highest problem rate. Either linkage failure or sensor failure because of water/salt ingress. Easy to fix.
The pressure fault code might go away after adjusting pressures and getting the sensors to play a fair game.

Back