Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Head Swap Pics

Ah... will learn to read when not half asleep one day!

A head 'should' last a lot longer than one year, but if you just fix a head gasket/cracked head and dont have a good look through the cooling system I guess it may go again relatively quickly, remember the cracked head/head gasket failure is usually a result of some other sort of problem that caused things to get too hot...

I did my head (using an AMC unit) and think the weak point on mine was the viscous fan coupling, it was definately low on oil, not easy to tell, I'm leaning towards fitting a far more accurate temperature gauge!

Dave

Sorry been away in Wales without the computer - The head was fitted just over a year ago but apart from that I don't know a lot - We only bought the 'tank' a couple of months ago.

The head is off and being sent away to be tested but the mechanic said they found some scoring in the cylinder bores - not sure what that means - anyone have any idea what effect they will have.

Will also check the fan coupling

Thanks
Adrian

Check whole cooling system while you are at it, definitely take the rad out and give it a proper clean inside and out. Change the thermostat and consider getting a new rad if the old one is bad. Would be a shame to do this again in year...

Rob,

Thanks - she has a new radiator - put in about 1 month ago as the old one (also a year old from Milners :( ) was leaking like a sieve

Adrian

Back