Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

headlight beam deflectors for comtinental driving/

fast but dim

I'm off to the alps in a month, and need to sort some deflectors, i know you used to be able to make your own, does anyone have a pattern / picture, or failing that, anyone got a source?
ta ian

Halfords sell them, as well as some of the larger service stations.

Fleabay - 80% less than Halfrauds for same ones :thumbup:

Beam Deflectors :hand: utter tosh don't do anything that some black tape wont do :lol:

Just get some black vinyly tape & stick it on instead, 2p worth & does the exact same job.

I always like offering the roll of tape around at the port when the "officials" are trying to sell you the Euro leagal kits for £35 :mrgreen:

Cptsideways said:
Beam Deflectors :hand: utter tosh don't do anything that some black tape wont do :lol:
Just get some black vinyly tape & stick it on instead, 2p worth & does the exact same job,
Ah yes, but where do I stick it? no rude answers please. :lol: I suppose the black tape blocks the light whereas the deflectors, er, deflect it, would the tape not make things a bit dimmer :think:

I put some on when we went to France over Chrismas for skiing, andto be honest they were a waste of time. I kept on getting flashed the whole time. In the end I used the beam height adjuster and set thm to the lowest, which seemed to help the oncoming traffic more.

I guess from a legal perspective these are required though..... sigh :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i'll definately need some, i've got a 55w hid kit fitted. :cool: i've seen them on ebay, but how do i know where to stick the tape if i go the diy route? trial and error in front of a wall?

Back