Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight harness upgrade: UK versus Australian build

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
I'm looking at buying the Piranha headlight loom upgrade with circuit completer and wanted to ask how I can work out if a UK spec 80 VX is the same as an Australian spec model?

I know that the US 80s are different because if you buy the Slee Harness, you need to change the plugs on it.
I'm happy to go with Piranha so not looking for a third option.

Last edited:
I've got an Australian spec 80 parked in the garage, so if theres anything specifically you want me to check/photograph for you then let me know. :thumbup:

You could also email/call Piranha and ask for technical support. I've heard their pretty good. :icon-wink:

It's probably completely irrelevant to this thread but I have an aussie spec 1999 prado 95 and a '98 uk Colorado 95 here if it helps any checks for you?
HTH

Cheers chaps. I had emailed Piranha already and they were a bit vague [e.g. "no idea on UK specs"] so I've chased again. Will keep you posted if I need specific information Ben so thanks. Colorado will be different Jonnyboy [i think].

The 80 in the garage has got the Piranha super loom kit fitted and I will be fitting one on my 70 very soon.

I can get pics of the one in the garage and show how it plugs into the standard loom and then onto the headlights if that will help? :thumbup:

If you've got the workshop manual, you might be able to work out the difference between the Aus and European models in their wiring diagrams. Just a thought!

I've got an 80 series, and went to replace a burnt out DIM / DIP relay, only to realise the relay had been by passed. So this kit is of interest - although I can't quite work out why they're so expensive compared to making up your own set of wires and relays.

Cheers

Al

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just being googling this myself as interested in a HID upgrade. If you're taking the HID route, you can get HID wiring relay kits to wire directly between the battery and the headlight connector for around £10 on ebay, so that might be worth a look.

Back