Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heated Rear Windscreen Help

Using a light bulb in the circuit instead of the screen would check the whole circuit minus the screen so it would ensure that the power supply side and earth side are adequate. If the bulb lights up it confirms that the screen is dead. The bulb would have to be the same wattage, or close, to the screen.

That looks useful CG.
There's an info page that details finding breaks which may be helpful to you CD.

I might order one or at least look into it. Is this the one you've got sitting in your garage CG?

Just set the eberspacher to turn on 15 min before you go out rich. No need for a heated screen when you use them. Plus it's nice and toasty to get into.

Just set the eberspacher to turn on 15 min before you go out rich. No need for a heated screen when you use them. Plus it's nice and toasty to get into.

I looked into these and the Webasto units but couldn't find a suitable location to mount one.

I looked into these and the Webasto units but couldn't find a suitable location to mount one.

I know what your saying tp. I have the d5 water heater on one truck mounted underneath. I'm fitting a d2 air heater under the drivers seat on the camping bus and also a thermotop webasto somewhere I think.

As Karl has said, I've fitted mine instead of the rear heater under the driver's seat with the control on the dash.

I was thinking I didn't really use my rear demist much while posting this. :) Karl just reminded me, I've been using the Eberspacher. I must get it linked back into the remote so I can set it from indoors. :)

As Karl has said, I've fitted mine instead of the rear heater under the driver's seat with the control on the dash.

I was thinking I didn't really use my rear demist much while posting this. :) Karl just reminded me, I've been using the Eberspacher. I must get it linked back into the remote so I can set it from indoors. :)

Is your heater linked into the cooling system to provide interior and engine heating or just an interior warm air heater?

Edit.....Just found the answer in your signature!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:)

A part of me wishes I'd made it a water heater under the bonnet. I think that would be more versatile.

That's given me a thought. Mounted under the seat, assuming it would fit, a water heater could possibly be connected to the pipes feeding the rear heater?? Obviuosly it would mean losing the rear heater itself due to space issues but worth further investigation I think.

That's given me a thought. Mounted under the seat, assuming it would fit, a water heater could possibly be connected to the pipes feeding the rear heater?? Obviuosly it would mean losing the rear heater itself due to space issues but worth further investigation I think.

I think they can run vertical tp but not lay flat.. I'll have a look through my eberspacher stuff. There's a far bit of room in the transmission tunnel though external.

Oh, mine does have a bad earth somewhere that only shows itself this time of year. Due to the damp no doubt. Im pretty sure its in the upper tailgate itself, havnt got round to looking at it yet though.

If I were doing mine again I would do what you suggest there TP but mount it on a bracket under the bonnet. Pipework, intake and exhaust would be straightforward as well as wiring too.

I really must mount my solenoid pump on something less solid. It sounds like a monster death watch beatle burrowing its way through the wing at the moment, even attached to a rubber mount! :icon-rolleyes:

I've seen a few pics of under bonnet installations on 80 series but they've all been on non ABS models and had the heater unit fitted where my ABS pump is. Very little space elsewhere. Underneath, inboard of one of the chassis rails is a possibility I suppose but I'm not sure how it would stand up to the hostile enviroment under there, especially in Winter with all the salt spray and road grime etc.

They're not overly bug the Webastos. Ive a feeling somewhere near the air cleaner/brake master area fits reasonably well though I haven't tried it myself.

You’ve reminded me that I want to get a water heater Webasto fitted.

The idea of having a warm engine and instant warm air first thing on a winters morning is very appealing.

It’s 10C at the moment so I haven’t thought about it, but come February it will be very cold here...

Back