Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Croxley Green.

koos smit

My name is Koos Smit. I have a ’02 Land Cruiser 100 4.2TD, automatic, 106k miles. Bought it from someone who returned from a round trip to South Africa. The plan is to one day drive it back to SA again. Figured if it's been once, I can just hit the autopilot button, but until then it will be taking me to Wales.

Modifications: bulbar, safari snorkel, roof rack, koni suspension, long range fuel tank, drawer luggage system, spare wheel carrier. Since I had it I have added to the drawer system, added spotlights, and will be getting the under body treated next.

Couple of photo's:

Went to view it after seeing it on Ebay:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349641501.819706.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349641519.958165.jpg

Checking out my Christmas present!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349641540.233437.jpg

And lastly a couple of "proper" cruisers:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349641559.488810.jpg

Welcome

Very nice

I too have a 100 and it is going to look something like yours when done.

Keep it up and do the underneath yourself its not such a bad job if done a bit at a time. If you ever want to sell your right wheel swing out let me know as i have an ARB blanking plate.

Last edited:
Welkom !

Nice truck,

Gra.

That's a very nice 100 you have there - and you're only round the corner from me :icon-biggrin:

Hoezit Koos - I have just bought a 100 series 4.2 TD - having sold our 200 series (which was heavily modified, ARB bumpers front & rear, Warn 12000lb winch, Long ranger 180 litre extra fuel tank, OME suspension, DP Chip, rock bars, Cheetah roof rack, underfloor water tank, diff locks all round, etc) as well as a SWB 2010 soft top 70 series.
I would love to see your 100 and find out where to get the toys from in UK. I live close by - Chesham.

Morning Chris,
Would be nice to meet up. How does next weekend sound?
I have not done any of the mod's myself, but do have all the invoices from the previous owner & also a good mecanic in kings langley if you don't do the servicing yourself.
Anyways, congrats & send pictures.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, got it done. Very happy with the outcome! I'll post a couple of pictures when I have a minute

Hoezit Koos,
Unfortunately we are at the Southampton Boat Show this Friday evening onwards - I can pop round (or vice versa) one evening?

Ooh any chance of some new Sebago docksiders as mine are knackered??

Our recent 'cruisers, plus the latest acquisition......095.JPGIMG_0429.jpgOman 2010 001.jpgPurchased Sept 13.jpg

Attachments

• ME Tour 20080498.jpg
    ME Tour 20080498.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
ja, nie problem.........how many pairs? One of each colour........? Love you truck mods. I used a Waeco 25 in our last 100 series and the 11litre in my SWB - 'cept i installed the other way around to you. I installed a Cetrek split battery system (and still have it) so one battery was purely for engine starting and the other became the deep cycle aux battery. I could leave the fridges (x2) running all night. I now have the Weaco 25, a National Luna weekender (twin) and a National Luna 95 twin, too. (A fridge too many!) The Cetrek split battery charger is greater - it automatically combines the batteries for charging when the motor is running and the voltage is sufficient and then splits them again when the motor is off. I can run the freezer safely for around 12 hours. Another mod that I can recommend is using the jerry can holder on the rear bar for water - make a custom 40 litre jerry can and have a small locking tap and a second outlet for a pump with a pressure switch. I am now busy trying to source the ARB kit for my 'new' S100. Our plan is to drive home next year for a holiday with the kids before driving back to UK. I am hoping to pick up the new cruiser by Friday - the motor for the steering wheel adjuster seems to be kaput but the dealer has undertaken to repair/replace it.

Hi Koos,

Just come across this thread - didn't realise that you were a member on here. I've seen your 100 in and around Watford (often parked in the Waterfields car park) and have always admired it from a distance :icon-cool:.

Next time I see your truck, I pop over and say hello :thumbup:

Hey Koos thanks for the recommendations. Like you I was going to get a bigger fridge for the centre console but I will get a Nat Luna on return to SA and only use the centre fridge for drinks and sarnies.

I am keeping my eye out for a cetk charger and will fit a third battery either in the engine bay or I have a cunning plan for under a seat.

Like you we will be taking our cruiser back to SA when we go and who knows maybe even look to drive it back if my daughter is old enough.

What is it you do that you going to be at the Southampton boat show??

Would be good to do a saamkuier at some point and if anyone is good with a potjie even better.

I work in West Africa for an oil company - my team are the pioneers - we go into the more unusual area's of the globe and set up the operations
before handing over to the ops team. I work 28 days on duty followed by 28 days R&R.
We are going to Southampton with a view to start shortlisting our next catamaran - we lived aboard our last cat for many years, with two
of our children being born aboard. We have now settled in UK whilst home is a little possie on the shores of Kariba - accessible only by 4x4 during the rainy
season - but hope to retire to Namibia. Always happy when good graze is mentioned...........
If you are interested in a National Luna weekend fridge freezer I have one that I don't use as its not big enough (we have four children of our own plus a foster child).
We lived in Maidenhead for a short while - perhaps a braai on Sunday 15th at ours? Perhaps Koos too? He is just down the road in Croxley Green - hopefully he shall read this in time. My last day in UK is Monday - I fly back to work Early Tuesday - ughhhhh. Just let us know how many you are.

Hi Koos,
Are you available this coming Sunday? Thinking to have a braai - invite yourself and Warren (plus families, of course)?
We are just down the road from you in Chesham.
Groete,
ZC.

Hey Chris I should have come back sooner but this weekend is full up already. Perhaps on your return we could make a plan?

Hi Chris, apologies for only coming back to you now. Been working my ass off the last two weeks. We're in Belgium this weekend, but always ready for a braai. Lets make a plan in the next couple of weeks...

Back