Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello From Italy

Troopystravels

G'Day ~ My name is Jeff and I'm the owner of a 1984 HJ47 from Australia. We're currently living in Catania, Sicily. I've been working on restoring "Troopy" for about 2 years and we brought him over from the States, where we previously lived in Alaska. Our website documents the restoration so far and some of our travels. Some modifications we've done are a 2" OME lift with new springs, shackles, ARB lockers front and rear, new front Warn hubs, new steering gear, front and rear bumpers, Warn 8,000 lb winch, etc., etc. We've set up Troopy for overland and camping, with a Eezi-Awn 1800 rooftop tent on a WindCheetah rack, water storage, Nat Luna refrigerator, Nat Luna dual battery system, Eezi-Awn 2m side awning, and more. We enjoy exploring Sicily and camping with our 'Cruiser. Nice meeting you all!

Nice Troopy. I like the 47 series Troopy, curvy and retro.

Welcome to the club.

Hi Jeff,
Welcome. Really enjoyed your website and, of course, your Troopy.
You may find that SoR are not so keen to send parts out of the North American continent but Euro4x4 are excellent, as you say, fast and helpful. If you need any 40 series parts and accessories, mainly non-mechanical, Megastore4x4 in portugal maybe worth a look.
Great to see an HJ47 in such great condition and so well equipped. We have an HJ engine in our 40 (with the 5 speed box) and fitted a rev counter from a 60 - there should be a sensor take-off on the left hand side of the bell housing by the flywheel - as on the 5 speed.
There's a few of us with 40s on here, so no doubt we'll all follow your exploits with interest.

Regards,

Welcome to the club Jeff. :thumbup:

Great website and great 40. :clap:

Hi and welcome from tonytoyota love the 40 I have fj45 pick up fj40 with 2H engine in

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the club. Lovely part of the world that, I know a couple who live near Taormina.. Good to see a truck well travelled!

Thanks Everyone! Good to be here and I'll post more when I get a chance. Too hot down here for camping today ~ 34C currently! I'll kick back in the AC and read the posts on the Forum! Cheers ~ Jeff

Thanks Everyone! Good to be here and I'll post more when I get a chance. Too hot down here for camping today ~ 34C currently! I'll kick back in the AC and read the posts on the Forum! Cheers ~ Jeff

Allright for you! Its cold wet 17 degrees here in South West France. Nothing but rain since Sunday :(
Still, could be worse, working tomorrow and Sunday ;(

Steve

Warm welcome Jeff, plenty of Troopy fans here to keep you busy!

Allright for you! Its cold wet 17 degrees here in South West France. Nothing but rain since Sunday :(
Still, could be worse, working tomorrow and Sunday ;(

Steve

It's way too warm here at the moment to do anything substantial outside, 38 degrees today and its been like this for 3 weeks already! It rained last night for 10 minutes, that was it!

Thanks very much - 5 pools cleaned today, dodging rain, was going to fish at my new lake but it peeeeed it down so sitting here watching Star Wars!
temp at the moment is....19.4 :(
Its supposed to be getting better this week though.....
Steve

Back