Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help, I've done the unthinkable

Glad you got it sorted Laz, what you do with the fuel that came out?

Yes it was a tedious job but not difficult. Certainly not worth what the "professionals" charge.

I have filled every other petrol driven machine that I have, and have 30L spare in Jerrycans.

Most of my family run bio but not in anything less than 10 years old , it buggered my uncles new shape Hilux double cab too many sensors to worry about . Not that i think you will have problems as a result of a one off mistake just a word of caution for others that may be thinking of going bio .

Bio gets a bad rap because it's often badly produced and knackers something. The problem with Bio is that even with commercial producers there a no standards that are rigorously enforced. Bio will run in practically any diesel 100% if it is properly made. My 100 series has been on it for years. After the first year I had a problem, which turned out to be contaminant in the IP - since then I got to understand how to make it to EN standards. I've run a number of cars alongside it including my Mini Cooper D common rail with DPF 2008 (about 30K miles now) and a Punto 1.3 Multijet which is CR. I now others who have run cars from new on B100 with no issues only seeing Derv just before a service. But the thing in common with all successful users is consistent quality and every batch tested.

But getting back to the problem in hand, modern pumps, especially common rails need the viscosity of derv for lubrication. On CR's it's critical, even Kerosene could cause a problem. The other issue with added petrol is a vapour lock.

I think you've got me confused with a certain Potato farmer!
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Don't see how people are charged unto £700 for this service!
I was talking to a salesman that did the same thing to his diesel Jag XF earlier this year, he drove it till it stopped and then realised his error. Off the Jag went to the main dealer (it was under three years old), £8,000 later it was fixed. Expensive error :oops: :oops: :oops:

He also told me that he totalled the two nearside 20" alloys and tyres on a pothole, off on the back of a recovery truck again :icon-rolleyes: Only £4,000 this time, so not too bad :shock:

Easy error though Lazz, glad you've got it sorted and the cruiser lives again :dance:

If you do it and take it to a main dealer, that will always want to change the WHOLE fuel system. Thats why we would always do them before they went anywhere.

We have a procedure we have to follow for mis fuelling (petrol in diesel) which comes from bmw.
If not started engine, drain, flush lines and new filter, usually an hour or so labour depends on model.
Engine run is min of a the above plus a high pressure pump, if magnetic swarf in tank it's a full fuel system!!!
Tbh it's very rare we do a full system and don't do many pumps as most people realise or just say not been run lol.

New design of filler means you can't get the nozzle in now so don't see many on newer stuff.

Back