Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi all, another 80 on the block...

GuyB

Country Flag
sweden
Hi,

Guy here, new to the forum - thanks for all the useful stuff I've gleaned from here over the last 12 months whilst searching for my Landcruiser! Actually, for the first 6 months I was looking for a Defender but gradually arrived at the conclusion the mighty 80 Series was the truck for me!

I managed to find a very tidy '93 Jap Import 4.2 Diesel VX Auto which is more than adequate for my needs (bog-snorkelling ain't really my thing!). It's an overlander project that will serve as the family bus whilst being pimped, err... properly equipped over the next 12 months.

I'm pretty good with boats and bikes, but other than a couple of days servicing my new acquisition with the folks at Overland Cruisers, I'm a complete novice with cars - so expect lot's of questions, hopefully not all dumb!:?

Oh - and I'm a Brit living in Sweden, working (occasionally) in London.

Last edited:
Great stuff - and welcome. You can now look forward to being a staging post for folk on their way to Nord Kap ;)

Hi Guy, welcome to the forum!

You made a great choice with the 80, look forward to your questions, and photos after some 15 posts.

We have a few things in common it seems, the 80 & Brit expat... Life is good :thumbup:

Welcome and I suspect you will spend less time under your 80 than you would with a land rover ;)

Back