Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi guys n gals!

Imotepify

Country Flag
england
New to this forum, I'm looking to get an 80 or 100 series LC after missing our old Hilux Surf for the last few years.

Will be modified when I'm finished with it for some off road use and expeditions with camping and hunting in mind.

Just need to find the right one lol

New to this forum, I'm looking to get an 80 or 100 series LC after missing our old Hilux Surf for the last few years.

Will be modified when I'm finished with it for some off road use and expeditions with camping and hunting in mind.

Just need to find the right one lol
Hi,

Welcome, sounds like your 'going for it' in the mod department, post some photos of the mod's that you do when you find a suitable 80 or 100. :thumbup:

Also, I'm intrigued, what are you going to hunt for in the UK? Deer or Wild Haggis in Scotland maybe. :):thumbup:

My friend is allowed to hunt Deer and I only do pigeon shooting, have permission on around 7 farms so lots of off roading opportunity lol
Excellent, Pigeon's are a PITA.

We went up to Scotland back in 2018, end of November, no Midges then, we buy antlers from eBay for the dogs, they love to chew on them, when I tell some people they seem to think you have to kill the Deer to get the antlers.

My Wife just would not have it that there are wild Haggis hunts, as oposed to the farmed Haggis, I tolder her the wild ones taste much better.

Sorry 'cabin fever's go a hold' :laughing-rolling: :character-willie:

Having some venison for tea tonight actually. Had a roast haunch on Monday and making a durban curry from the rest tonight. I shoot up in Scotland and out toward Thetford too. I started with Landcruisers with the idea of camping, overlanding and hunting. After A while I realised that it's very difficult to design a vehicle that will do all of those things. I have a mighty 80 but it's simply no use for shooting at all. There's no room for dead stuff in there. So now I have a Hilux too. That's the camping and shooting vehicle and the 80 is the camping and overlanding vehicle. The cross over for camping is pretty easy to achive and there's some good kit out there which can easily be demounted to give flexibility Best of luck with your design. We're looking forward to seeing that progress once you've bagged a suitable base vehicle. Certainly the Hilux is a better shooting vehicle no doubt and there are more people turning toward dual cab 4x4's as multi purpose vehicles.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wild haggis taste better whene caught on the hillside, they can't run fast because two legs on one side are longer than the two on the other

Imotypify, never no mind Jibber Jabber, he's full of it, - he will pizz in your pocket and tell you it's raining !

Lol these certainly are crazy times. Just been looking through ads for an LC now starting to wonder about the petrol V8 instead of the Diesel any thoughts?

I only do around 4 - 5000 miles a year so mpg shouldn't be a major problem.

Back