Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi there from Namibia

RainerR

Country Flag
namibia
I recently bought this battered 1969 FJ45 (still need to verify the year) with the idea to restore it.
It is running, the body needs attention and mechanics have to be checked.

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 27
Hello and welcome...

Your FJ45 looks to be a good basis from which to start.

To verify its year put your VIN number into www:toyodiy.com

Regards,

Rodger

Thank you,

yes, its definitely a good base to start from, with relatively little rust. I tried toyodiy, however my VIN is only 10 digits, including the starting FJ45-...
This one was assembled in South Africa, so there may perhaps be some differences to the International & US models.

The toyodiy result is odd: I just entered FJ45****** / 1969 / other and it gave 3/1969 -12/74 - LP-B or P-B (left or right hand drive) pickup F engine (3900cc) -complete unit without rollbar.
Sometimes Toyodiy needs a little guidance. My Bj40 only has a 10 digit vin number as do many of the early 40 series trucks.
I think that the vin numbers were allocated in Japan before the glider kits were shipped for assembly in their designated market area but there were a few exceptions as some of the countries renumbered the vehicles e.g.Burma (but that was more to do with their systems rather than assembly).
Hope that helps

Regards,

Rodger

Nice rig! I really like the pick up versions of the 40 series. I once drive an old fj45 in Namibia fitted with a game viewing platform called Bessie. Looking forward to seeing how your restoration proceeds!

Yea, me too! Need to finish my 1939 Chevy Pickup first (almost there now), then the Cruiser will be tackled :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back