Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HID lights - the retrofit source

I **think** different globes/colour temperature can help with that.

The pic above was just trying to high light the nice crisp cut off more than anything.

Wouldn't be very nice if you could not get it through MOT?

Frank

It would not - if they passed from a light scatter perspective then hopefully then would ignore the auto levelling requirement and settle for the manual one :whistle:

You can probably tell but I am not a convert yet :lol:

You can probably tell but I am not a convert yet :lol:

Lol .. nup never noticed :laughing-rolling:

If you had an A8 with HID lights I am quite surprised you don't miss them.

This probably isn't something I'll do inside the next 18 months but definitely something I want to do if everything lines up

It would not - if they passed from a light scatter perspective then hopefully then would ignore the auto levelling requirement and settle for the manual one :whistle:

They'd be fine on that front - levelling and washers are a "may have" on the new MoT regs. Given that levelling generally only takes place at startup on the majority of vehicles (dynamic/active/whatever lighting systems excepted), dazzling over crests and so on is somewhat of a moot point.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you had an A8 with HID lights I am quite surprised you don't miss them.
They were a funny colour and did a dance at startup, pretty sure they were HID, you can tell how much of an impression they made :whistle: Maybe I was more impressed with them when I had them but I know I don't miss them. I can see pretty good for night driving usually not being too bothered by oncoming lights and will tend to be going at a good speed which might be why I find an oncoming HID in my face so annoying because when the road isn't straight all that extra light often ends up dazzling me compared to halogen not being an issue.

One more step in the puzzle ...

Trupart Limited
Phone: 01302 381899
Fax: 01302 381570
Contact person: Gareth Williams

Trupart purchase full range of our RHD products, we believe they will offer you good service and price.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

I have an email for them too. PM me if anyone would like it.

They were HID but not particularly bright ones, I think the bulbs might have been coming to the end of their life.
That might explain why I am/was not impressed by them :shifty: The interior mood lighting was cool, until I realised I was being impressed by mood lighting :whistle:

Drifting OT, it had things that were completely unnecessary but I think were done just because they could be. Twelve settings for the heater fan, six settings for the seat warmers, as Jon said adjustable mood lighting. For those wondering what we are on about, I bought the A8 off Jon when he had finished with it. I have since sold it on.

I got the halo lights off ebay and then converted them to hid with projectors sourced from the retrofit source.

Hdi lights retro fit and the mot

the main thing I remember from the A8 is lack of contrast so missing detail and that gave me a bit of eye strain. Pic above is washed out and blurred in places but that may be just the reproduction method.
I WORK ON CARS AND 4X4s for a living i have had one car fail its mot for having retro fit hid lamps fitted as the law says you must have self leveling on hid lamps so check with your mot first as if it fails then take it to some other mot station it can come up on there computor what it failed on also it is now a fail to have no cat or dpf if it has been removed

taz
"TORQUE OF THE DEVIL"

Back