Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hid question

Johners

I Have installed HIDs in collie and have also put spotlights in the radiator grille, but I am having trouble wiring in the spotlights.
I want them to come on when the main beams come on, I ahve a bit of a problem in both sides of the H4 socket have a back permenant feed on them when the HIDs are on so I dont Know which one the high beam is? :? :?

I also dont have the blue indicator on the dash when the main beams are on. Do I need a resistor or is there a back feed problem with the relays for the HIDs giving a live feed to both sides of the H4 socket? :? :?

I am not very good with 12v electrics If someone could explain this to me in simple terms I would apprieciate it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks

Does the 90 use negative switching for the main beams? I know some imported 80s do - be worth checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I think they are switched on the positive but don't know how to check.

The Colorados use negative switching so you either need a special wiring loom that contains resistors to compensate or change to a HID kit that will do it for you.

For the spots, google 'h4 headlight wiring' which will bring up images of the wiring for the bulbs - the relay for the spots needs to be wired in series to the high beam wiring - actually the draw of the relay on high beam may be enough to trigger the light on the dash.

my 120 series was negative switched. I've wired spots before but could not work out how to wire a -ve switch relay :oops:
i ended up paying an auto electrician.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back