Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How do you fellow Cruisers handle intimidation

Raj

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Today I finally finished detailing our LC (roof pending) and took it for a satisfying drive, got a wine n drank. Now it’s Easter, friends came we celebrated Easter in Kerala style. Now kids wanted ice cream so I asked my friends wife to drive n I sat in back seat with kids. At a small road division we go right n left lane is small so naturally our Cruiser was on the line. I could see a beemer swearing at us.
For this reason I avoid driving LC in cities n to shops. How common is it for us to be treated like that and howmany times we say sorries.
Few pics of our celebrations. Don’t get intimidated by dressing it’s Kerala way of celebrating Landcruisers n Easter/Vishnu

Attachments

• 68133B8D-6641-4ED6-ACBF-FBB106A81376.jpeg
    68133B8D-6641-4ED6-ACBF-FBB106A81376.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 55
I also polished the Crome Landcruiser badge and V8 that could ve glared. I shouldn’t ve done that :)

Treat them with kindness (as Nicks post above) for the following reasons:-

He doesn’t own a Landcruiser
Your indicators work. Always.
It shows you are happier with the world than he is.
Your truck doesn’t have its important parts made of plastic that can break at any time rendering the car useless.
Your car will outlive his and possibly him.

Bear these truths in mind and don’t take on board his offence, as for someone to be offended it takes two people. One to cause offence and one to accept it. If you don’t accept it, you are not offended. This works with ‘intimidation’ instead of ‘offence’ btw.

You can also think ‘Poor guy’ for any of the above reasons.
:)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats BMW owners for ya. If they're not acting like that they've either just bought it or nicked it.

How common is it for us to be treated like that and howmany times we say sorries.

There's no reason to say sorry. Big cars will sometimes go on/over the lines a bit, as will vans, lorries etc - thats why they're lines painted on the road and not walls. As long as you're driving it sensibly (which I'm sure you are), dont worry about them.

Maybe get a dashcam fitted then you can post the worst ones :)

Not sure I know what intimidation is . Whist teaching nervous kids to drive I tell them not to worry about inconveniencing other drivers because they are equally obligated to avoid you .

Just took our daughter and her friend who I’ve never met before home and the friend was very impressed with how everyone gave way to me like “wow nobody wants to tangle with this monster” , I said no this truck must be well known around town and I would hope it’s recognized I always give way to someone who might not be as confident .

All the taxis on the other hand will wait their turn when they see me coming

Last edited:
Driving a rental Kia Sportage (worst car I've ever driven) round my childhood home of Harlow, Essex a few years ago was hairy with 1960s streets lined with cars so I think you can be excused for being on the line with the LC.

That's an immaculate looking rig you have mate, looks like you just drove it out the showroom.

Back