Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How hard would it be to maintain an LJ70 in the USA?

Kileni

I've wondered if and when I move back to the US whether it would be hard to get parts for my LJ70 LandCruiser in the States.

Thanks!

Depends what parts you need, service items like filters and so on should not be a problem and you should be able to part number match to locally available parts, brake pads might be a little harder but if you are prepared to wait and can afford shipping costs everything you might need would be available on line.

Forums like IH8Mud in the US I believe would also be able to provide advice and you would certainly have a unique vehicle for the country location.

It looks like you have a interesting truck and probably some stories to go with it so if you plan to stick around please do take the time to introduce yourself in the club house, oh and pictures are always something we like and we are a friendly bunch on here ;)

Depends what parts you need, service items like filters and so on should not be a problem and you should be able to part number match to locally available parts, brake pads might be a little harder but if you are prepared to wait and can afford shipping costs everything you might need would be available on line.

Forums like IH8Mud in the US I believe would also be able to provide advice and you would certainly have a unique vehicle for the country location.

It looks like you have a interesting truck and probably some stories to go with it so if you plan to stick around please do take the time to introduce yourself in the club house, oh and pictures are always something we like and we are a friendly bunch on here ;)

Thanks, Julian. I guess if things got bad enough, I'd just have to switch to a different motor or transmission, or whatever. I don't think it would be fun for very long to wait for international shipments on everything.

I'll toss a little info into the club house. Thanks!

ih8mud has active members in Canada and US. some have lj cars, even if the trend there is to choose heavy duty cruisers.
surely guys there could advise, I got loads of help on ih8mud and Im in Europe….

I've wondered if and when I move back to the US whether it would be hard to get parts for my LJ70 LandCruiser in the States.

Thanks!

Hi,
I've had an HJ47 in the US for a while and the parts are not as hard as you would think. ih8mud is an outstanding resource. I use http://www.toyodiy.com/ to look up the part number I need and very often it will cross to a part made for a US spec vehicle. When I move back to the US from my tour overseas this time I'll be bringing back a BJ70 that the spouse drives. So enjoy !!
TimK...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If your LJ is in good shape to begin with you probably won't need to worry much anyway. They go on forever when well maintained. And like our international friends have said parts are available from all over the world. I've got a friend who swapped out his old diesel with an Isuzu that has continued to run like a swiss watch while the rest of the Cruiser has continued right along without needing major alteration. Good luck. Out in the western US Bill Holmes Lee is one of the known old Land Cruiser gurus. He's in Farmington, NM. His # is (505) 325-4388 if life threatening work is needed.

Hi,
I've had an HJ47 in the US for a while and the parts are not as hard as you would think. ih8mud is an outstanding resource. I use http://www.toyodiy.com/ to look up the part number I need and very often it will cross to a part made for a US spec vehicle. When I move back to the US from my tour overseas this time I'll be bringing back a BJ70 that the spouse drives. So enjoy !!
TimK...
Second this. toyodiy is great for part id’s

Back