Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to change window rubbers

Hello Jon Wildsmith,

I would also be interested in purchasing a drivers door window rubber for a 1996 land cruiser. let me know if it is alright to PM you.
thanks.

If you're in the US I should think you'd be best / cheapest getting that from a US dealer, someone like cruiserdan or beno on ih8mud I think, shipping from the UK would make it an expensive window rubber :icon-wink:

I appreciate you being upfront about it. I will check into what they charge. thanks.

Are there still window rubbers available? I live in Belgium but I drive a UK 80 :)
1992 HDJ 80
I would like to have all four. What would the price be?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
orders are every couple of months or so, best to contact me when you're ready to order and I'll let you know when I'm doing the next one.

Hi Jon, i'm looking for a complete set of power window rubbers for my 80 series ('93 HDJ-81) Do you have any or are you planning on an order any time soon? i can't do another winter on these ancient rubbers! Last winter several times my windows got stuck down :o brrr
I know Julian has been talking about getting and stocking replacements for YEARS but dont think he's quite there yet and can't REALLY justify spending 400+ from Mr T!
Tried sending you a PM but couldn't, probably because this is a new account (couldn't remember my username!!)
Many Thanks in advance
Klaran

Hi i need a set of window rubbers for my 1994 4.2 amazon , how much do you want ?
Pete

Best place to look would be Amayama. Around £30 each plus VAT and import as opposed to £90 each from Toyota.

Just over £60 each delivered to your door from Amayama. £44 for the part, + VAT + £12 'handling' charge added on by Parcelforce. Still much cheaper than UK sources though.

Try ebay there is a team in Australia they will combine postage and with import fees worked out at £45 each.

Has anyone tried these guys (cruiserparts.net) before? Also looking to replace all my window rubbers. Their prices look good. Don't know about shipping yet though

Hello from the US. My name is Ian and I carry some Genuine Toyota parts with great discount. I can get all 4 window runs and ship to you guys for USD321 = $202 pounds including International shipping. I can mark the value lower for less custom duty too. Been in the 80 series scene for 10 years and own a 80 series as well. If you do a search on ih8mud forum for "Genuine Toyota 91-97 Series Window Runs Set" then you will see my for sale thread with my user name "ranma21"

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Ian

Welcome Ian. Why not post an introduction to yourself over in the main area. Good to have an increasing American presence on here. We get lots of questions from your side of the pond that we can't always answer. We're predominantly a UK based membership but now truly international. Great to hear you can get parts too. Be even better if you could ship us a few rust free 80s as well!

Thank you for the welcome Chris. Will surely do the intro :) glad to be part of the forum. Yeah just started my parts business not long ago. Sure can ship a few rust free cruisers over to you guys, only petrol cruiser though.

Hi Lee,

It will be the same price, USD321 = $202 pounds. Send you a message for payment info if you like a set.

Thanks
Ian

Back