Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howdy

oneafrikan

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

A quick hello.
After a lot of fannying about online, in magazines, and to'ing and fro-ing with my wife, my mates, my family and my wallet, I've joined the club ;-)
Can't wait to start the next phase of our lives (adding much more overland trips to our family holidays) with our 80.

The last time I was under a car in anger was when I rebuilt a '74 Beetle back at university, so I'm a long way from bring competent!
I may be the only person in my area that has an 80, 'cos they seem to be scarce around here, so will start posting and getting stuck in...

gareth

Hi Gareth, welcome to the forum, we are neighbours I'm down in Morden.

awesome!
thanks ;-)

The Phoenix sounds like something I'd love to see - you get it out much?

Yep, it's a daily driver. Don't do any pay and play stuff though just overland trips and a bit of green laning now and then.

Welcome to the forum Gareth. Looking forward to photos when you've made 15 posts or more and the forum allows it.

Best wishes

Richard.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Gareth.

Looks like another Saffa! There are one or two of us around.

I am based in wandsworth so not too far either.

@chas - I think I've got some catching up to do ;-) Although no plans to hit a wall at present.
Would love to meetup and swop notes!
We're the same - can't see myself doing much Pay & Play as we're doing this for overland trips to change lifestyle somewhat, and weekend mountain biking trips away.
Trips we're thinking about are: Pyrenees, Scotland, Arctic Circle, Iceland, Atlas Mountains, Morocco, and all building up to an epic RTW trip over 18 months, London to London on a western circumnavigation.
Keen to do some green laning as well though, seems like a good way to see the country without doing it from a motorway or train.

@starcruiser - thanks ;-) Shouldn't take me long as I've got a lot of questions!

@dyladams - yep, good to hear! Been here since 2002, but haven't forgotten the bush or the freedom I had when I was studying to be a zoologist.

Great to hear there are some folks nearby - since going down this path I've kept my eyes peeled for any LC's around town, whilst walking / driving etc etc, and got to say that it feels kinda thin. Guess it is London so to be expected.

Welcome to the forum Gareth, be good to see some photos when you get the chance to post.

The Phoenix is a one-off, I don't think it has a panel that's the shape that left the factory, but it's an 80, reliable and its taken Chas all over the place. It was my pleasure to have it in my yard when Chas came to Romania last year.:thumbup:

Welcome to the forum Gareth, be good to see some photos when you get the chance to post.

The Phoenix is a one-off, I don't think it has a panel that's the shape that left the factory, but it's an 80, reliable and its taken Chas all over the place. It was my pleasure to have it in my yard when Chas came to Romania last year.:thumbup:

Kind words Clive, all I will say is it has 'Character'

Welcome boet that a big overlanding list

Sounds fun ride for you there Gareth, welcome to the club. Looking forward seeing your trips

Back